Coming soon

You can get drum sound packs for your A4 free on elektron site.

Well, who am I fooling. Of course Iā€™ll check it out myself. At least I can afford to keep all the kids for now.

4 Likes

I can see why people are dispoited but this is pretty much exactly what I needed to replace my broken volca sample. It frees up slots on my DT no more wasting audio tracks for boring kick drum sounds that never change etc

2 Likes

Maybe a mod should rename the topic to Model: samples?

2 Likes

I know, I have all of themā€¦ I still donā€™t like using other peoples samples :slight_smile: Albeit I do currently because I just got my DT for Christmas and itā€™s the first sampler Iā€™ve ever owned.

Oh I really couldā€™ve used one of these a year ago.

Come Thursday you might be eating those words. If not your kids.

1 Like

You mean Modal:Skulptles?

2 Likes

Sorry if I misunderstood but A4 soundpacks arenā€™t samples. You can modify them if you wish.

how stupid is this

No youā€™re correct theyā€™re not samples. If I modified someone elseā€™s work to sample Iā€™d rather just start my own from scratch to develop the nuances of my sound (regarding synthesized drums only). I will use presets and patches for synthesis and tweak it any day, especially on my Digitone because Iā€™m a novice at FM synthesis.

Simon,
Can you give some indication of how we would backup and load projects to this new device? Presumably we would want to avoid the problems that the DT had of getting completely filled up with projects. The manual makes no mention of Overbridge at this stage. Can you give some indication how Elektron is going to deal with this issue?

Well @Ess and all us crazy @Elektronauts it was a very fun thread to participate in, regardless.
I think the new machine looks fun as hell, good price, but Iā€™m well catered for in the sampling department so Iā€™ll most likely skip this one for now.

You canā€™t please all the people all of the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time.

Right, Iā€™m off back to refreshing the namm2019 thread every few minutes :joy:

Edit: Iā€™m such a melt, this should have been in the Machine:Sample thread :rofl:

5 Likes

On the Elektron site it says this can hold 96 projects, and has 64 MB sample memory.

The manual mentions SysEx and C6 for backup/restore. From my perspective thatā€™s not really the best possible solution for an entry level box.

5 Likes

Yer fair enough. I tend to use them to understand how they were designed and then build them myself, but really helpful to have to knock out something fast.

The design language is quite a departure from the previous line, from the color to the materials to the GUI. Itā€™s surprising, given the design achievement on the Digi line.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious about the name choice (it seems odd to me) and wonder what alternatives wereā€¦ could have easily gone with MicroTakt/Tone etc

1 Like

It looks like a great device for a more entry level segment, maybe Elektron will add some extra features to the DT to improve its market segmentation :thinking:

This is so cooooollll, if I ever need a cheap but functional sequence there is now an option. I can totally be mooooore portable than before. This is sick. I have a digitakt though so Iā€™m not in the market but still this is siiick

1 Like