Coming soon

21 Likes

Umm itā€™s here and itā€™s beautiful

thoughts?

Thanks, I did not sleep much last night. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Considering that image is one representation of the current global regression, a regression in ways that are for a lot of people violent and oppressive, it might be better to choose a different one for your satire.

4 Likes

Not that it makes an iota of difference, but Iā€™m happy with the functions of my DT - it could always stand to be updated, especially with bug fixes, though there arenā€™t many.
Not going to change my PCā€™s OS just to get OB, but itā€™s nice that the option is there and that I donā€™t have to pay for it.

I just hope, although donā€™t hold out much, that it continues to be properly supported.

Lol Teenage Engineering OP-Z

:roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Moderator clean up in aisle 10 please :joy:

1 Like
  1. MIDI data input. Use the included 3.5 mm (Tip/Ring/Sleeve) to female 5 pin DIN cable to con- nect ā€“ via a standard MIDI cable ā€“ to MIDI Out of an external MIDI device.

ouch.

2 Likes

Great tune Simon. Very AFXesque ! Impressive.

7 Likes

Why ouch? TRS is part of the MIDI standard now.

3 Likes

Thanks! Was obsessed with Vordhosbn when I made it. Went for that classic tracker sound a bit.

8 Likes

Sorry for being harsh, but it just got functionality that was advertised. Besides the compressor, there has been no major added functionality. I think it is a great sampler, but now it sits unconvincingly between this and the OT. I donā€™t think it has much appeal yet, and sales are bound to slow ā€“ making the case for substantial updates less likely.

I hope I am wrong. Would love my DT to get what we have asked for for 18 months (individual track scaling, polyphony, bp-filters etc.).

I trust Elektron to make good products, and the Model:Samples is most likely a compelling device that can be good for Elektronā€™s bottom line. Maybe it is 100$ too much though. I am not seeing the average prospective volca owner shelling out three times as much for the sequencer.

4 Likes

well, at least we have an affordable and very portable midi-controller with p-locks and velocity-sensitive-pads for external gear hereā€¦still curious about the price in EU

1 Like

Think it looks very cool, could see myself suggesting it to some friends as entry hardware.

Not for me though, Iā€™m well covered and happy with my OT for all sampling. Back to gassing for the Digitone for me now.

1 Like

ā‚¬460,-

2 Likes

Nice demo.
Who is not obsessed with Vordhosbn? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

okay, forget everything that iā€™ve just written :rofl:

2 Likes

hahaha fair enough

4800:- sek it says on elektrons site.

So that more in the range of $499.
Which I think is asking a bit muchā€¦ but that might just be me.

1 Like

ā€œBuild that satire!ā€

Afternoon everyone. The reactions here are very predictable and all fine. Iā€™ve been using music tech forums like this one for 15 years or so and nothing has changed. There are people who will always be disappointed if they donā€™t get exactly what they had in mind. A bit childish perhaps, but weā€™re all human and Iā€™ve certainly been there myself. This is one more product and there will be others in the future that will please some of those who are not happy. Companies like Elektron have to compete and try to tap into various markets and this is one way to do that. Personally, Iā€™m pleased if more people are able to get into making music with hardware by lowering the price of entry. Many new users will get one of these and then move into bigger things, buy more Elektron hardware and keep the company alive (I hope) so letā€™s not forget that.

Enjoy your gear, whatever it is!

15 Likes