Coming soon

Yeah it’s a weird feeling huh :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I’ve got the Digitakt, Digitone and A4MKII… I’d like something solely to create percussive samples or rhythms. Machinedrum sounds really nice, I’m not a fan of second-hand items but perhaps it’s worth it this time around.

Cheer up Elektronauts!

It’s good news for the sound designers among us.

Another machine to sell [Optimised] Sample packs for!

:heart:

4 Likes

I had nothing to do with that fantastic track. All the work of @Ess .

4 Likes

Me too mate! It seems like it’s the exact same market as the Novation Circuit or Electribes.

The on-the-go I-gotta-use-this-in-a-coffee-shop hipster types.

Battery powered baby! No offense to hipsters, I love coffee. Just… This machine… That design…

It screams “casual”.

2 Likes

It’s like when people said that The Beatles were dying in the wrong order - it feels like Elektron are releasing their products in the wrong order…

2 Likes

So in Australia the DT/DN are $1200 each, wonder how much this will be?

1 Like

I understand that, it’s always a risk with second hand stuff.
But you can come away with some great deals. Like trading a Reface CS and drumbrute impact for a Machinedrum.

my mistake. cheers to @Ess

2 Likes

Well, I must say i agree with you on the most part. The DT feature request thread is probably one the longest ones here, and i put my fair take into it.

It’s just… I never saw the DT as a small Octa, i think it’s more a Rytm without the analog parts + a better sample engine… It really misses a few things to be complete, at least a bandpass filter.

But Elektron has always updated their products beyond expectations, it’s part of the brand identity. I just posted earlier a video about the Rytm OS 1.30…

I think they made a big mistake with the development of OB2 and it cost them a lot of money/time to fix, now they try to get it back entering a new market… Doesn’t mean they will give up on the DT, otherwise they know they will lose many customers.

5 Likes

I don’t really have any interest in this but I hope it sells like hot cakes so Elektron can continue to give cool stuff to the rabid non-entry level fans.

7 Likes

Now I’m thinking there’s no sampling input to encourage purchase of sample packs from Elektron :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I suppose you’re right. As a guitar player I only discovered Elektron gear 4 months ago or so, and now own 3 devices, all were brand new (one I didn’t buy, was a gift).

Last key to the puzzle for me is drum synthesis I can then sample. I don’t like using other people’s samples but currently I kind of have to because I don’t have the time to sit with my A4 and create my own drum kit.

I like that take better than my own.

1 Like

Lovely!

6 Likes

i was hoping they offer a new awesome maschine like granular synthesis or a special mixer. Also an reissue of the monomaschine/maschindrum would be nice…so my wallet will thanks :smiley: :wink:

Much more interested in the Powerhandle BP-1 and if that will work on the other boxes

1 Like

I understand your perspective, but not everyone shares the same idea of “mediocre” and “brilliant” as you. Not hard to find people who don’t like the Octotrack because of complexity. Some people want to sit down with a spare half an hour and make a bit of noise. This could be perfect for them. Don’t underestimate how many of those people there are.

Each to their own and all that.

5 Likes

You know getting something like a Nord drum 2 and have it sequenced by your elektrons could be a great addition. I have one as well and it’s an awesome drum machine with a wiiide palette of sounds.

3 Likes

Also, lets not forget there have been speculation/ rumours of more unannounced gear possibly yet to ce? Atleast the Model: range consists of one item only while the other ranges have 2 and 3

I’m actually intrigued by this one, but going for a polysynth next before any more sample gear