Coming soon

Pros…

1. The demo tracks sound great. Nice and punchy and crisp.
  2. Love the battery power option!
  3. Interested to see the Model:Synth.
  4. If sales help fund creation of some more high-end Elektron machines, I’m all for it.

But… Cons…

1. The curves and colors are not doing it for me in any way. Feeling a huge design disappointment. Reminds of a Sledge synth or Electribe or a Zoom product.

aye its a bit of a misfire purely from an aesthetics point of view.
Simons track is a thing of beauty tho so it can no doubt sound amazing.

1 Like

For a beginning producer thats like 14 years old this thing could be nice product but for people that have a little studio with gear this is just not professional enough.

I never got this make cheap instruments stuff because i have a job but when you are a child that has only so much money you can buy a Volca and this thing and you can start your hobby.

I will keep waiting on a good update of the Octatrack.

3 Likes

It shoulda had the battery built-in imo. specially for nay-on 500 eurons.

5 Likes

I understand the unease and disapointment of some Digitakt owners. I myself feel like Digitakt is 80% complete and Digitone is like 95% complete. Digitone just needs a slide to be perfect and even right now it’s a heavenly synth. Digitakt is fine as a drum machine, but it really, really could use a few things, most notably a secondary BP filter and a timestretch. I however think the “I want a drum synth engine in it”-tier wishlisting is kinda unreasonable.

Elektron has historicaly supported their products way beyond the norm, but there is a wisdom in business that says that past performance is no indicator of future performance. Elektron has changed as a Company.

I understand that releasing something that can be seen as a cut down version of Digitakt can understandably cause some unease in people. I think some of the hate towards M:S in this thread has been excessive, but we gotta face it, Digitakt had a really bad launch which left a strong negative impression in people, and the delay with Overbridge didn’t exactly help with the situation. I can’t really condemn people who feel like Digitakt is incomplete and being abandoned. Impressions matter.

Supporting existing products doesn’t necessarily bring any extra money, to the contrary, as development costs money and updates won’t turn into extra sold units.

5 Likes

The outraged people in this thread need to move on with their lives. You either buy it or you don’t. There will be more products, and more updates, and the existence of the M:S has literally no implicit bearing on the existence of the DT. Do something else with your time.

This box seems great for those who don’t need the intensive sample mangling of the DT. The price is probably partly due to Elektron’s build quality. Assuming it’s an aluminum chassis like the other machines, good luck finding an affordable groovebox this physically robust from Korg or almost any other manufacturer.

Personally I’m pretty excited to grab one, mostly as a sequencer for my gear/Ableton (Elektron sequencing at its lowest price ever) with the nifty addition of sample-based groovebox features. Will be pretty solid for live sets. Reluctantly sold my DT cause I couldn’t afford it, now my problem seems to be solved.

4 Likes

Whoops. LUlz is the correct spelling.

Idk. Maybe they’ve been bubbled up this whole time and havent taken notice of the world outside it. It’s just a conversation so far.

Exactly - not really commensurate with what is evidently a more consumer oriented device. I just hope they don’t repeat the problems they had with the DT - rush releasing another device. with incomplete feature sets leading to increased product support issues.

While I find the design, characteristic and overall capabilities of this product appalling, if it was released 2-4 years ago and I didn’t own 3 Elektron boxes already, it’d be a great entry point.

With that said, the only thing I’m happy about with the release of this product is the extra money Elektron will get to fund the high-end Elektron gear.

If Elektron constantly dips into the cheap low-end market now I will be extremely disappointed with the company as a whole. Hold on to your black/silver boxes while you can because the investors have come.

4 Likes

I’m pretty neutral on this box overall. Mad? No. Disappointed? A little, because what I really wanted was a reborn MD MKIII. As a Digitakt owner it doesn’t bother me either. I’m sure improvements and additions (albeit probably small ones) will still come to it.

I’m just pretty ‘meh’ overall. It’s not a box for me and that’s fine too. I’m sure plenty of people will be happy with it and if that’s what gets them into the Elektron family, then that’s cool.

Like many have said, we live in an amazing time with incredible options and choice. There’s something else out there for you if this isn’t it.

2 Likes

No, don’t think so. Giving it sampling input does not make sense because for this Elektron price point it can’t have any fancy features that would make it favourable vs DT vs OT.

Buying samples is not something I have done a lot either, I see no point really. I like creating my sounds myself and I think I am going to do that more than trying to make finished tracks because that is something I don’t like doing … I prefer just jamming on hardware and sculpting sounds in a hybrid model.

Of course mileage is each own.

Man, I only slept about 4 hours last night, but still woke up to a 800+ post shitstorm!

I don’t think this machine was made with me in mind, so no big deal…might be the right excuse to get a Digitone. Either way, Elektron winds up with all my money :slight_smile:

Took a brief looksie through the manual and could see a few reasons a non entry level person might want one.
Velocity sensitive pads…kinda cool.
An inexpensive way to get more sample voices AND the Elektron sequencer. Lots of OT users (myself included) wind up burning up potential voices with Thru Machines, Neighbor Machines and a Master Track. 6 more sample voices could be sweet

9 Likes

Still amazes me how many people can’t help getting upset online about a new product that isn’t aimed at them.

4 Likes

So happy that they finally brought this back into the sequencer… Have been missing it since all the releases after the OT :slight_smile: I want one!

4 Likes

The owner of the next flagged post who has been flagged a few times already will not be posting any more today - fair warning. Take it to a private chat, we’re not interested.

20 Likes

Commenting purely from a design point of view. I understand their take on it; it makes sense to visually differentiate a new entry level product line from the mid and top end. The designers did their job, going white round and small. But It feels like a missed opportunity. The affiliation to the rest of the line is not clear, like the Digis were to the OT. It feels like it could belong to another brand. Make sense? Visual considerations. I wish them it sells like hot bread.

1 Like

In other news, the box seems like fun, but I think I’m covered with the DT and the OT. Excited to see if they’ll announce anything else.

OK done.

I don’t think you need an excuse to get a Digitone :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, Digitone is amazing. You will not regret it.

3 Likes