Collider for the iPad

superb! thank you :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:
more pattern tips😁

How do “select sequence” and “sequence lock” differ?

when using purge from the pattern page the sequences and tracks are locked. when I lock sequences individually, tracks are not locked. is this right? seems inconsistent.

Sequence lock is just an extra security measure to make sure the sequence isn’t changed. Track locks and Sequence locks are separate things, Purge just makes use of both. In general, the app keeps pattern design completely separate from sound design.

as a user it’s quite confusing when two tools aren’t discrete. maybe it’s worth that initial confusion…

Hrrm, they are discrete though. Locking a Sequence is different than locking a Track…unless you think Purge should not touch Track Locks?

Purge is a way to freeze what you currently hear on your Rytm, and to reset anything that is not heard. You use it when you think to yourself “I really like what I hear and I don’t want to mess with it, but I want to add new stuff to any Tracks that are not being used”. Since “what you hear” is governed by both sound design and pattern design, it makes sense for Purge to affect both. It’s the only function that does this :]

1 Like

sorry, I’m referring to the overlap between pattern select and pattern lock which apart from the graphical changes provide the same function.

Ahh, I know what you mean. Sequence Lock is just an extra safety measure. I usually just leave All Sequences selected and Lock things when I don’t want them changed. Also, sequence lock will prevent you from being able to add P-Locks to parameters from the Main Page.

performance editing is vastly better with the new settings. deselecting the performances I like, clearing then creating anew.
there may be a bug preventing tracks 345&8 from repopulating. needs further testing. also randomise is not constrained by selection ( morphing is).

1 Like

I’ll look into it, ty

2 Likes

Update Out:

• Fixed Scene / Performance randomization
• “Fill Snaps” on the Pattern Page now obeys Sequence Locks

6 Likes

Is there a way to lock or not change a parameter page? So I want to randomize kits but I don’t want samples used (my idea would be to manually turn it off, get kit, lock and start randomizing) I’m sure this is an easy answer but darnit if I can figure it out.

Easiest way to never use samples is to:

1. Enable side-toggle ALL on the dials
  2. Turn SMP Parameter on the TRG Page to OFF
  3. Hold the SMP Dial to Lock it

This will disable Samples and lock them to OFF for all Tracks

You could do the same thing by locking all Samples Volume to 0 or Sample Selection to OFF, but it’s probably better to just disable the Sample engine like I showed you.

2 Likes

Ah. Lovely. I did not know you could hold the parameter to lock it. Nice one.

I think I missed an update. What exactly does the last page do? And the performance morphing bubble thing is no more? I enjoyed that…

The Pattern generator is a thing of beauty. I feel like Im cheating using it so often…but what can one do with results like these?

The Physics Page was fun but it’s chaotic behavior was kind of bleh so I removed it. I might add a replacement for it in the future.

The last Mode is now a Song Performer mode. It has ways to Launch Patterns, Kits, change Performance values, and other useful functions if you are performing.

Don’t worry about the feeling of cheating with the Patterns :slight_smile: If you had a talented drummer in your room they would be making the same decisions that it does. There are no presets used, just lots of rules that real drummers follow.

2 Likes

Rightright. Saves me the trouble of hiring studio musicians. That’s how I’ll justify it. :wink:

1 Like

:grimacing: I never use presets either, it makes me feel dirty.

I will use randomization though (all my apps), as then you are exploring a unique “parameter space”. You don’t have the artist’s or preset maker’s influence or taste involved, only yours.

4 Likes

Yeah I mean I still do a lot of editing. But having an “idea generator” puts fun back into it.

any news on the A4 app?

It’s been in a free beta for some time now: Fragments - For The A4 (iOS)

3 Likes