Collider for the iPad

Send / Rec doesn’t have scroll anymore. Update your app to get the latest UI.

Oh, sweet! I thought the iPad would have loaded updated apps but it must have just installed what I had on my now stolen iPad

Hey! I have finally had a chance to test out Collider a bit more and it is really fantastic - make the Rytm much more accessible and turns it into an even deeper performance instrument - great job!

One thing I noticed yesterday that when using the X/Y pads for controlling master filter/FX it can send my Rytm into a bit of a tailspin, i.e. the pattern was still playing at normal BPM but the pads started lighting up at triple speed (estimated), BPM indicator also speeding up. This seemed to settle down after a while, but it got to a point where I couldn’t even stop the Rytm sequencer for several minutes. During this time the pattern kept playing, but after a while I could see the status bar in the Rytm’s display doing the “progress bar” animation. It seemed to me as if the MIDI buffer was overrunning, or something (?). I will try to take a video of it tonight if I can reproduce this.

But a really great app!!!

1 Like

Yeah, the RYTM will get overloaded with CC messages. I am even rate-limiting them. When you use that Master Filter XY it has to send out 16 simultaneous CC’s for every pixel you move, so it does tend to choke up a bit. I will experiment with increasing the rate-limit so it doesn’t choke, but then who knows if the filter sweeps will sound nice.

2 Likes

OK, that makes sense then! I am sure that I will work around it, and perhaps just use it as inspiration for creating some nice performance macros/scenes.

Hi Mekohler

I’m guessing you’ll be interested in developing Collider further when the new Mk2 and OS updates are released?

Maybe the cc message bottle neck will be improved, as if they are now advising OB will be able to stream all channels smoothly, then this should surely mean that Collider can make good use of the improved USB bandwidth - obviously only on the Mk2 hardware.

If they use the same OS, I wonder how that would work - they must need to issue two versions of the OS updates, one for Mk1 and one for Mk2 models.

I guess time will tell.

:slight_smile:

Yeah, hopefully I will get my hands on an MK2 :]

1 Like

Update out:

• New Presets
  • New Sound Design Function “Norm”: shifts every parameter a little closer to it’s default value
  • Added ability to change individual Velocity / Aftertouch Mods
  • Randomizing the entire Kit will not longer change Track Engines
  • Trig Velocity will reset to the value present in the TRIG page when adding Trigs manually or resetting Trig Velocity
  • Bug Fixes
7 Likes

I’m astounded by the amount of work you’ve put into this thing! Very inspirational and respectable!

Well done!

3 Likes

“Randomizing the entire Kit will not longer change Track Engines”

This is great news

2 Likes

Wow, man! I can barely keep up with the updates… can’t imagine how much work you’re doing on your end! Priceless!!

1 Like

Update out:

• New Sound Design Function “Dynamics”: Assigns Velocity / AT mods to random synth parameters with small amounts
  • New Sound Design Function “Lock” and “Unlock”: allows you to quickly lock / unlock all tracks at once
  • New Sound Design Function “Rand Mutes”: Randomizes Track Mutes with Tracks that have active trigs on them (like on the pattern page)
  • Track Level, Aftertouch and Performance Sliders on Main Page now obey the ALL toggle when resetting or randomizing (Double - Tap / Triple - Tap)
  • Randomizing Velocity and AT mods will no longer choose duplicate destinations
  • Bug fixes
7 Likes

This truck keeps rolling!

The gift that keeps giving! This thing is so feature packed that I think a lot of us would benefit from some videos. I can find zero

1 Like

Seriously bro, like, again, thank you so much for all the updates…but why not take a break and do a little marketing push? Get Elektron on the horn and tell them to send you an AR MKII: there won’t be only a couple ARs sold after people witness the power.

3 Likes

I couldn’t get a demo unit Digitakt to program / test, I doubt I will get an MK2 :’( . I know videos / marketing are needed but I just do this in my free time for my portfolio / music

2 Likes

You are damn right, come on Elektron, sort this @mekohler out with a new shiny shiny, he has created and updated beyond belief a great platform to infiltrate the mighty Drumbox, he deserves recognition and inclusion in your future affairs.

Collider has made the Rytm what it is to me and if it was not for Collider then I don’t think I’d have bought a second unit (money issues :face_with_head_bandage:).

Kickstarter?

Travesty of justice.
Man alive I can’t believe you have not been snapped up by the shadow Elektron government.

Don’t eat an apple in any hotels with your work in the safe yeah… :wink:

1 Like

It’s ok man, no crowd funding needed! The MK2 seems like my dream drum machine so I will probably pick it up at some point

4 Likes

New simplex app looks interesting.

1 Like