Collider for the iPad

Haha, I wanted something that would randomize / auto-play CC’s for me so I could just sit at my piano and play, but something that also felt more alive when used (bounce / linear interpolation modes)

Currently finishing up a euclid sequencer app that sends CV triggers out of the audio headphone jack for use with Eurorack modules ;o

Triggering MI Clouds:

3 Likes

There’s a lot in collider that can be tweaked into another general app.

Would love in the new one
Ability to load / save setups
Ability to name the cc
Ability to have an auto inc / Dec to make filter sweeps easy. With definable speed setting per controller
And…
And…

:slight_smile:

In Simplex? You can tap on a controller title to rename it. Other ideas are good though. Save / Load was always there I just hid the UI elements bcs they were ugly :stuck_out_tongue:, gotta work on them

1 Like

This app looks really cool! Is there a documentation somewhere? I’d like to know is it’s possibile to use it to backup patterns and kits

1 Like

You can save Kits, MFX, Mixer Settings, Tracks, Kit Snapshots, Scenes and Performances to disk

You can receive patterns and save them in “Pattern Snapshots” but they will be gone each time you quit and start the app. There isn’t a way to write individual Patterns to disk, but I should add that!

I wouldn’t use it as a complete backup solution YET, as there are some parameters which are not sent by the RYTM and some stuff I haven’t bothered with (Legacy FX Toggle, etc)

There are rumors that a new OS is coming out soon, so you might want to wait to see how much that OS has changed. I would need to update Collider after it’s out

1 Like

Minor update out:

• Optimizations
  • Minor UI Changes
  • Improved accuracy of Sliders
4 Likes

Optimizations update out and lowered the price

4 Likes

Come on!
Anyone and everyone (with a Rytm!) needs to buy this, support it and who knows…

I wouldn’t own a Rytm if it wasn’t for this app

4 Likes

Update out:

• Added “Golomb Ruler” algorithm to the Pattern page: Similar to the Euclid algorithm, which spaces Trigs as equally apart as possible, this algorithm spaces Trigs such that no two Trigs are the same distance apart
4 Likes

You Rule! :heart:

1 Like

This seems like a must have app for the AR! Does Collider presently work with MK2?
Can I connect directly using an iPad USB cable (Lightning) with a USB A - B adapter?
With the Network session I’ll have to create that session each time I want to use Collider or does it work right away?
Once Overbridge for MK2 is supported, Collider will connect through Overbridge?

1 Like
  • I don’t own an MK2 so I can’t verify if it works. Once they release the new OS for everyone I will update it. The app is currently programed with OS 1.31B in mind. I’m not sure what changes they made to the Sysex structure in the new OS…maybe someone with a new unit could chime in! It might work perfectly, except being able to work with the new Dual VCO.

• You can connect directly to the AR with a Lightning to USB

• If you use Network, it will depend on if you leave that Network / Session up on your mac (using OSX’s Audio Midi Setup app)

• With Overbridge mode enabled, the USB port is used for that so you can no longer direct connect…It would be up to you to find a way to route MIDI data to the RYTM through your DAW. Not sure how Sysex behaves with OB since I haven’t used it much. At the end of the day, it’s just MIDI CC’s and Sysex packets being sent back and forth.

Let me know if you have any other questions

1 Like

Thanks mekohler. Yes it would be good to hear from MK2 users if Collider still works.

Is there any guide on how to get this to work with OB running on Windows? From what I gather and what I have seen in the app OB cannot be run in parallel with Collider?

I THINK when you use Overbridge mode all of the bandwidth is dedicated to it, and I’m not sure if Elektron allows normal MIDI to come IN / OUT. Someone who uses OB would have to speak up and confirm if you can still send MIDI from your DAW. Unfortunately, that’s something I have no control over :[

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. I love the app, great job!! I wish I could use it more, would be really nice if you could do a guide and some tests with using OB, no OB, etc. I believe more people would be willing to try the app if you make it work and know that the setup they have in mind would work. OB is free to test, Collider isn’t (even if it’s really small price, there’s no trial to try it). I understand that OB is kind of a control surface itself, though I’m more interested in using OB for audio streaming and Collider for control.

I’m setting up a new studio now, when I have that connected (by new years) I will do a final test of OB compatibility and make it known in the App Description of any compatibility issues. Just know that if there are (OB disables MIDI), it’s nothing I have control over unless they release the OB protocol :open_mouth:

I’ll keep updating the app with new features and to support new OS’s

1 Like

I see! Thanks for your hard work! :slight_smile:

I believe I have read that some people were able to get it to work but nothing on the methods as far as I remember (read those comments before getting Rytm and Collider), so some kind of compatibility ‘guide’ for different setups would be awesome and if there are some issues maybe those could be solved :wink:

A bit of heads up for people looking to use cable instead of adapter. I just ordered and got an NI Traktor USB to lightning cable, but unfortunately I cannot get Collider to see the Rytm so I’m guessing this isn’t a valid cable for the situation.

Weird. I’ve used Apple, Anker, and various assorted ones from Amazon with no issue :[