Collider for the iPad

Update is live:

• Updated model to support Scenes, Performances, and AfterTouch / Velocity Mods
  • Added a new screen for Scene and Performance Randomization: Choose which Tracks, Parameter Types, and Pads are populated
  • Added Sound Design Functions: RND AT, No AT, RND Vel, No Vel
  • Sending Kits / Tracks now uses Sysex, while smaller parameter changes use CC’s
  • Parameter Dials now display if they are controlled by a Scene or Performance Control
  • Updated Tips
  • Bug fixes
4 Likes

Oh man, why is there not an emoji for ‘head spinning’ ‘birds tweeting knock out’?

I am going to kill that Rytm on my next day off!
I will brutalise it.

1 Like

Beast mode!

Auto-Filling the Kit Snapshots will randomly populate empty snapshots with a random Kit Flavor and also randomize its Scenes / Performances. It’s a good place to start if you are overwhelmed. Let me know of any issues.

Haven’t used it but will soon and report back any issues. Looks the tits. Amazing work. Thank you soso much.

Anyway you can do a ctr-all thing for the Performances and a Scene select screen?

What do you mean by ctrl-all? The Scenes and Performance screen will get new functions and stuff in the coming weeks, however.

1 Like

Like an XY pad and assign multiple Performances to one or the other…

Or a “pot” and assign multiple Performances to it…

Oh you mean the actual performance message to control each one. Yeah, good idea. Right now there is one on the main screen for each Track (purple slider), but that’s not really helpful. Def need a way to control each individual one and multiple at once from the Scene screen.

2 Likes

YAAAAAAS mam. :pray:

Haven’t fiddled with it too much but how do I chose which parameters are assigned in the scenes/perf screen. Say I want to assign just fx randomization in the scenes/perf mode, how do I go about picking the individual parameters?

Mekohler! Your app is the best investment I’ve made in a long time. I love my Rytm, it seems to me the definitive machine of my setup. I’ve been using Collider for a while and I can not stop recommending it to people. Updates and support is to take example! Thank you for your great effort to keep updating with incredible surprises !!! Man, LOVE your work.

2 Likes

Not yet. You can only select which Parameter TYPES on a track are affected. A finer granularity is coming it just takes time to make the UI.

1 Like

Thanks man! Be sure to check out my Prophet 12 app if you have one of those :wink:

1 Like

Continually impressed. Thank you

1 Like

Hello, just wondering if there has been any progress in the perf/scenes arena? The option to choose which parameters are randomized would greatly improve things for some.

My iMac fried and I just got it fixed yesterday so I haven’t worked on it. I need to think of a good way to add Scenes / Performances for individual parameters. I could add two more buttons on the Main Screen, where P-Lock is, so you can enable it on parameters like you do for P-Locks currently…but I think something more elegant on the Scenes Screen is better, I don’t know yet.

There will be a new update this week that adds some Pattern population algorithms, including “Random Trap” :blush: , and addresses some bugs. I will revisit UI stuff for Scene / Performance after that, but if you have any ideas let me know.

2 Likes

@mekohler

Hey, man… loving this app! Is there anyway in an update to have the pattern send menu adjusted?

It’s a bit cumbersome to scroll from A01 all the way down to H14, or whatever.

It’d be the bee’s knees if when you touched that scroll menu if it could open up and you just touch the pattern and it’s selected.

Thank you!

Yeah, good idea. I’ll add A-H buttons along with 1-16 so you can quickly select and not have to scroll next week.

1 Like

i hope you get your picture on a Wheaties box someday. Thank you!

What about adding the option inside of the perf/scenes tab that is already there. With the scenes list on the right and the perf list on the left. What if it were possible to have a list of the parameters in the scroll menu such as the one currently built but includes all of the parameters. Perhaps you could double tap the parameters to active or deactivate that parameter for randomization. Or in that same menu, instead of each parameter for each track in one huge list, you could tap the track you wanted to work with and place a sub menu inside that track that you could scroll through and double tap to activate or deactivate each parameter you wanted to randomize. Just thinking out loud but I think that would be a pretty elegant implementation and would be built inside of a function that is already implemented.