Collider for the iPad

Yeah, I think I’m gonna have 2 side-by-side menus: One for Track and one for all the parameters on that track, with various functions that only affect that specific parameter. It will evolve over time though. I will also be adding more operations to Scenes and Performances, but next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes!!!

This week’s update is out (does not include Individual Scene / Perf Parameters):

• Added a Frequency Key-Follow toggle on the Chromatic View (useful when self-oscillating the filter)
  • Added ability to populate random drum patterns of a certain type, including “Random Trap”
  • Added new Sound Design function “Vel Sens” which adds a Velocity Mod to Volume to help with pad sensitivity issues
  • Added new Sound Design functions “Darker” and “Brighter”
  • Tweaked 808 Random Kits
  • Tighten will now increase the Track Engine’s Synth Decay parameter for added coloration. The Snap Kit also reflects this change.
  • Removed any Filter ASDR movement from the Self-Osc Kit to increase tuning stability
  • Added more functions to Scenes / Performances
  • Added ability to swipe on a Scene / Performance Entry to remove it
  • Changed Default Track Level to 80 and Default Trig Velocity to 80 for more dynamic range
  • Changed Default Velocity Humanization from 50 to 40
  • Changed Default Pattern and Sequence length to 32
  • Created Kits remove AT mods by default
  • Rand / Morph / Reset Mixer on the Main Screen now obeys the ALL toggle
  • Scene randomizer would sometimes populate a Track / Type / Pad that wasn’t selected
  • Bug fixes
5 Likes

Great, I think elektron should give you a job

2 Likes

i used this for the 1st time last week and it works really well.
the only quirk i saw was the 808 kit used a SD engine on the BD , very possibly user error as i mightve clicked on something (although engine wasnt locked)… i assumed it wouldve been a BD engine of some type.

will try new version asap,

Or at least a MK2!

1 Like

Nah, The 808 BD uses BT5. The original 808 replicated Kit was designed by someone on this forum and BD1 is indeed used for the clav.

thats odd , when i load up collider and click on 808 the bottom left engine is SDCL

a few ideas for interface things , all low impact things compared to new functionality.

add a 13 mixer strip which would allow to modify all tracks.
each value would be a mid point , allowing you to effectively increase/decrease globally (or perhaps select the tracks it effects).
it could be thinner , a different colour.

add labels to side of track list on load/save to indicate default ch9,ch10, cy11 etc ?

allow me to change colours of the rings / value indicators to stand out a little more on the main page , possibly the text too.

on the pattern page.
stop the numbers wrapping around on the GQ,SW,LEN,CHNG,SPD
let them only wrap if its from the extreme/lowest value and its a unique swipe ?
e.g i can scroll from 50 to 80
it’ll stop on 80 and need an additional swipe to wrap to 50.

load/save
grey out tracks that it wont load on , grey out tracks sounds wont load into ?
move trk list to the middle as its used on both load and save , as its right aligned it gives the impression its for save
add a confirmation if you want to save over an already existing item with the same name (e.g. saving Kit as Real 808 Kit would ask for confirmation)

Yes, it should be SDCL. The current “forum-designed” 808 kit uses SDCL on Pad 1 for the Clav.

Very good ideas that I will look into and start to implement. The only one I didn’t understand was:
“add a 13 mixer strip which would allow to modify all tracks.
each value would be a mid point , allowing you to effectively increase/decrease globally (or perhaps select the tracks it effects).”

What exactly do you mean?Just a way to nudge up or down parameter values across all tracks? Let me know. You can currently do that by enabling ALL on the Parameter Dials View and moving a Dial, but that might be too cumbersome.

1 Like

the 13th strip , would be a way to impact all tracks on the same screen using 1 knob/slider.

if each dial/slider is centred as default ( i.e zero) it could add or subtract from the values across all other tracks
so no matter what the volumes were , if i moved the trk13 slider down , they’d all move down at the same rate until they hit zero/full.

the other buttons could do mute all , solo all , trigger all though some may not be useful.
you could also have 2 x dials for left / right . each one only impacting the relevant side.

so if i dialed the left dial , it would only impact things that are panned on the left side.
reducing the fully would effectively blend all left panned sounds to the mid.
or just click on a link icon and it returns to 1 x dial

and finally , a tick box that could reduce them all based on the least / highest value.
so theyd all reduce down to zero at the same point
or all of the reverb values narrow down to zero at the same time.

as you say , theres probably another way to do it , ive only used it a short while so far and dont fully understand rytm either.

Yeah I gotcha. For now, see if enabling FINE and ALL on the Main Dial Screen works for you. With that combo, the Dials move in finer increments and any dial movement will affect ALL tracks. This way you could raise / lower any common parameter across all Tracks by a certain amount.

I made your suggested changes to the Loading Menu and disabled Wraparound for those swipe controls (Unless it has a huge number of values). Much better, thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Update out:

• Added ability to affect individual parameters on the Scenes / Performance screen
  • Save / Load enhancements
  • Scrolling UI controls will no longer wrap-around, unless they contain a large number of elements
  • Changed the UI controls for Receiving and Sending patterns
5 Likes

Logged on to find this! Happy Monday. Thank you for the continued support of your product sir!!!

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply here. It was more the layout of the functions. There’s so much to squeeze in with the functionality you provide, it can be a little confusing, even with the screen tips. I actually can’t think of a better way to improve it as that’s not something I’m tuned into, but I have noticed that the last few releases have improved the confusion I had originally when I first started using the app 6-7+ months ago. Keep up the good work - you deserve to sell a ton of apps - like I said before, it’s the best Rytm app by a looooong way!

Video’s would help you boost sales though, I’m very certain of that.

Cheers

:slight_smile:

+1 for vids. I’m sure you’d see a jump in sales with a well thought out vid or two.

For next week I’m currently playing with a pattern snapshot autofill method that will fill all empty snapshots with a humanized + ghost notes variation of the current pattern and then send all 16 snapshots to the currently selected bank. It’s slow bcs of how long it takes the AR to process pattern data, but if you are willing to wait 30 seconds I find it beneficial. Using Chain mode on the AR, I am chaining together all of these “identical” patterns to give the impression that it’s being played in live.

4 Likes

This sounds like a promising idea. Eager to see it implemented

Although I’m also looking forward to more destination options for the scenes and perfs page. Lusting for those fx parameters

1 Like

Ah shit, didn’t know you could add Perf / Scenes to FX parameters. I’ll add that, oops.

3 Likes

Im pretty sure almost any parameter that can be P-locked can be selected as a scene/perf destination