Collider for the iPad

Damn brah! You’re really pulling out all the stops on this thing! Excellent work!

I’m so anxious to get the rythm just for your app. I’m not sure what the plans are once the MK2 is released but will you continue with the collider app? And you’ve probably been asked this a billion times already too. I apologize if so. But being that I’ve yet bought any rythm’s and considering the mk2 is mainly why I ask. You have created such an awesome companion and expansion to the rythm, I’d hate to see this abanodoned after the release has come. I’m just curious being that it’s essentially the same machine but with a similar sampling that is currently in Digitakt. All of the other features you provide make so much sense to have though. Keep up the great work!

I want to support MK2, it just depends if I can afford one. Maybe the internal structure is the same (minus the resampling) and nothing will need to be changed.

1 Like

Whip-round to buy a MK2 for @mekohler? :smile:

:smiley: :dancer:

I wonder what magic Collider could do on that sampler function :eye:

Any chance you would ever do a short walk through video on some of the more in depth features/uses?

1 Like

Yeah, videos are always requested but it’s a lot of work to film a small screen and have it visible + audible. I was thinking this week of just posting small Instagram-like videos where it’s just 5-7 seconds of me using a feature / workflow.

3 Likes

I think by having videos showing what it’s capable of will help people understand how game changing it is.

Agreed, will do. Hit the “TIPS” button on any screen to get pop-up advice on functions btw.

2 Likes

Seems like there’d be a way(an app?) to just capture the system video and audio, if you have gear to pipe rytm and a mic audio in… :thinking:

Yeah I’ll look into it.

This week’s update:

• Updated model to support Scenes, Performances, and AfterTouch Mods
  • Added a new screen for Scene and Performance Randomization: Choose which Tracks, Parameter Types, and Control Pads are populated
  • Added Sound Design Function “No AT” - zeroes out all AfterTouch Mod amounts for a Track
  • Sending Kits / Tracks now uses Sysex, while smaller parameter changes use CC’s
  • Parameter Dials now display if they are controlled by a Scene or Performance Control

Updating the model means you should delete the app and install fresh…so if you have any saved stuff in Collider you should back it up to the RYTM.

5 Likes

Now my guilt for buying another Rytm has fully vanished!
You are the man @mekohler

1 Like

Get a third! :wink:

This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for!!! It looks great!

This is the best AR app by a long way. It seems a bit complicated at first, but once you get your head around it, it’s super easy. Well done Mekohler!

1 Like

Let me know what things confused you at first so I can streamline them :o

how is the next update coming along:)

Submitted the other day just waiting on Apple to approve

2 Likes

Is your surname Claus?
Cos’ it’s Xmas every time!