CLOCK 2.5 Ableton Midi-CLOCK M1 compatible

A Max4Live Device for MIDI-CLOCKING external Synth and Machines.

No Latency Shifting with Abletons Preferences!

Check this !!

New Look, new “Core” new improvements and cool new features.

What’s not seen in the Video: while holding SHIFT you can change Parameters of every running CLOCK-Device in Ableton at once. That means triggering, changing Scale,Swing or Stop every Device with just one Click.

Soon to be released and FREE as Update!

Cheers

…sorry new VIDEO-Link…Audio was low :slight_smile:

8 Likes

OUT NOW!!! enjoy

3 Likes

I just found this. Any of you tried it? Why there is no discussion about that plugin, is it bad? Is it good? Is there any better options? I’m not interested by the trigger button, it’s the “no latency” fonction that appeals to me.

v2.5.1

New EXTERNALS are now M1 compatible! For now MAC-Only !

Windows EXTERNALS are still in development.

New AUTO-TRIGGER Pattern, GROUPS and more Features.

Manual included.

1 Like

Crappy Mic but I guess some parts are quite clear…Enjoy

Hi, sorry I’m not really interested in your device (looks great by the way!), but may I ask, did you compile the new imp.midi externals yourself ?
I’m looking for a M1 compatible version for quite some time and didn’t see anything about it here Max Externals — The Impersonal Stereo
Hopefully you’ll give me some hints.

Hi there…no these are not imp.midi externals as i never got any feedback from this guy.
I compiled some new ones called nuke.midi and included rtmidi as static lib.
I may release them soon. for now only in my upcoming devices.
Windows externals still need some work thou.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. Would love to put my hands on these externals.
Cheers.

i will put them on my gumroad for free. will let you know then. they are a straight replacement for the imp…you just need to put in nuke instead. so they are nuke.midiinfo,nuke.midiout, nuke.midiin and nuke.sysex.

2 Likes

awesome, thanks !

grab them…still need some work.
a.e. auto poll isn’t working. changing connected usb-devices needs a reload of the patch.

3 Likes

wow that was fast, thanks ! testing asap.

Cool…let me know how it works for you. This is really just the first release, but it works quite well already, besides the auto polling, which is still on my list.

next video round…funny email pingpong anyhow

i’m on M1 so could finally grab this … .and i’m loving it

it does exactly what i need it to

and i love that you can add swing over MIDI - bit of a game changer for my setup

Hej there, trying to tame the erratic Ableton clock when syncing from my Syntakt

You have no readme with these and I am a bloody Max noob.
Where and how (still leave as zip as there is an auto-install when placed somwhere in max) to put these files?

Cheers,
Cat

In addition, I tried you Clock Device to help make Abletons Clock stable

I try to make the new song-mode useful by syncing Ableton TO the Syntakt in my case.
So the main transport feature and interacting with other synths comes from the Syntakt and Ableton shall follow.

However the clock is SUPER unstable and also takes around 2 bars until it syncs and is smooth. Can your Clock help with that too? coz so far I wasn’t able to, but mbe I set something wrong with your device

Here’s the link to my post for a better description:

Hi there. First things first : Clock is for generating Midi-Clocks and not for receiving Clocks.
Syncing Ableton from External Devices isn‘t really a good idea. It will be wonky when sending Tempo-Changes.
But while using Clock to sync the Syntakt you can at least half or quarter the tempo without jumps.

You can put the .amxd file anywhere you have access from abletons browser.

Hej

Oh I meant where do I put these files from your Max-Package and in what form?
https://nukemodular.gumroad.com/l/gnkmwd

And yeah I know your’s is a Midi-Clock, but like external clocks like E-RM can’t it itself receive a clock signal and then act as the Masterclock? This is really what I am looking for, since I want to use my Elektron Box to be the brain of my setup and have Ableton as the slave to it.

If your Clock could use either it’s midi clock or an audio signal alternatively, to then act as the master clock giving Ableton the tempo. That would be great!

cheers

I guess these externals won’t help you as they are not interpreting incoming midiclock/realtime messages. But normally you would place them in ~Documents/Max 8/Packages/ and set the Searchpath in Max to ~Documents/Max 8/Packages/ aswell.
The thing is, you can’t send Transport-Positions to LIVE. Only Start or Stop is possible.
In Ableton 10 there was Rewire which could send transportpositions to live, but not in Ableton 11 anymore. And i guess Midiclock to LINK won’t make you happy either when using Tempochanges.