CLOCK 2.5 Ableton Midi-CLOCK M1 compatible

Hey there

Doh! just purchased this, without reading that the Windows externals are sill in development.
How are these progressing? Any time soon? Cant play with it till then…
Thanks

Interested in this as well

I picked this M4L device yesterday for Mac.

It is working pretty well for me in my setup of a gazillion external devices that accept clocks.
I currently have USB MIDI going to RYTM (Sync Turned OFF in RYTM VST/AU) and Roland TR-8S.
A third Clock sync goes out to Edirol UM-880 interface which first hits Roland SBX-1 sync box (also has swing knob) and then that connects to a midi thru box to sync a euro rack rig (midi to cv module), Beatstep Pro, Neutron, Typhon…

The biggest pain / annoyance for me is having to create double the tracks in Ableton to sort out recording. Sure I could continue to use Overbridge plugin to capture audio.
1 track for External Instrument (figure out the hardware latency to align audio in record track)
2nd track for recording from the External Instrument channel.

Then duplicate for every instrument on RYTM (and your other devices)
Doing a lot of nested groups to keep things tidy.

This is not a M4L issue per se, but more of a work around if you like the features in CLOCK (auto fills, retriggers, swing and stuff) you have to do a bit more prep / template work to record vs. the overbridge path where you still may need to nudge your tracks post recording to fit into your overall song.

For $22, seems a lot cheaper than the other hardware clocking devices that try to solve for this.

1 Like

Only other minor gripe is the Max Device is not remembering the MIDI port assignment even after saving as a preset. Each time the device is loaded in a set or dragged from the Library, you have to re-map the MIDI Port your devices is connected too. If you are using 2, 3, 4… or more instances of clock, you have to spend a few extra mouse clicks to remap/assign the ports each time.

But I do thoroughly love the sync behavior and the playable bits of the device itself.