Class Compliant rocks

Besides for obvious streaming of audio what else do you do to take advantage of class compliance of the model samples?

i have problem with the MS and my ipad,after 5min ipad stop the sound and the connection with the MS,i have the latest update

1 Like

Orrrr theyā€™re like Behringer where they foist you off on ASIO4ALL and itā€™s still class not compliant.

I trust RME to do good driver wise but most manufacturers suck.

Iā€™m having the same problem but with an iPhone XR, sound cuts out after around 5 mins, toggling the buffer size in the app fixes it but then after another 5mins it cuts out againā€¦ anyone else having this?

1 Like

Are you using the Apple branded CCK?

Itā€™s not an auto sleep or auto shut down if the device isnā€™t touched is it?
That caught me out a few times, the Apple device going dark after 5 mins of not being usedā€¦

Yes, Iā€™m using the official oneā€¦ Iā€™ve run some tests with my iConnect4+ and it works fine when using that as the audio interface so Iā€™m assuming the issue lies with the model samples

I donā€™t think it is that, the screen is on throughout and the app is playing audioā€¦ it just cuts out as the audio is playing.

Are you able to use it as an audio interface without any issues?

Just a thought! Never tried it myselfā€¦

Itā€™s crazy how a little camera adapter so I can run M:Sā€™s USB cable into my iPhone opens up a whole world of audio goodness. Love running the M:S into effects (ElasticFX for example) while listening to everything on headphones via the M:S headphones out. Not saying Iā€™m going to play some festival with an M:S and iPhone but itā€™s nice to be able to access effects so easily at so little cost.

Would this work the same with a DAW (USB only to computer) or do I need to go through an audio interface to run the M:S through a DAWā€™s effects?

2 Likes

Are you not having the dropouts reported by other users?

It will.

I am not an expert, but I think you can do it because M:S work like an audio interface, is the same with the AUM app, so you donā€™t need the extra audio interfaceā€¦ donā€™t know if this is a clear answer but hope this help.

All I get is dropouts and glitching when using it with my 2018 MacBook. Itā€™s pretty bad/unusable. Canā€™t print audio out of it into the daw without getting errors, clicks pops etc. Hope it works better soon with an update. Never planned on using it as an audio device but it would be nice to in a pinch.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issue - M:S connected to iPad Air 2 [running Samplr] and I lose audio after as little as a minute of I do some CTRL-ALL stuff in quick succession. I also lose audio from my Mac running Ableton if I slave Ableton to clock from the M:S.

On the latest OS on the M:S. - raging it didnā€™t fix it seeing as they said it was to improve USB class compliant audio.

1 Like

Does this exist yet? Itā€™s exactly what I came here looking for.

For a short time, it did. But @Void disappeared into the sunset.

Perhaps Iā€™ll get around to it at some point- but it probably wonā€™t be out in a year or so(after I start).

Void, if you can read this

Please come back. I miss you. We all miss you

1 Like

My 2019 16ā€ MBP gives me dropouts , unless I run the USB through my ugreen MTT USB 3.0 hub. Then I have about 30 minutes of use before dropouts creep in.
It runs Catalina

My 2015 iMac 27ā€ i7 has no issues whatsoever with USB dropouts from the MS.
It runs Mojave.

1 Like

@AdamJay

From your posts on the ā€œYour Setupsā€ thread it sounds like you still use the USB connection to record into your laptop via USB. Do you just try and get it all done within the 30 mins the connection gives you before failing?

I never do 30 min Beat lol