Class Compliant rocks

Indeed.

I only plug it in once I am ready to record, I just monitor directly with headphones plugged into the M:S until then.

It’s mildly frustrating.

4 Likes

Thanks for your response.

The class compliant USB connection for audio and MIDI is the primary reason I’d love to try the M:S but it seems broken, which is a bummer.

Yea, I don’t understand it, as it works flawlessly on my iMac

2 Likes

People have also reported issues using it with iOS devices. That’s enough different USB hardware connections that it makes me think it’s a software issue, but what do I know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is MS midi class compliant?
Doesn’t seem recognized by Windows 8.1

I don’t believe it is

1 Like

Ok thanks, so I can’t use C6 then?
I guess I have to install Transfer.

Correct and frankly, worth it, as you can manage folders/hierarchy with Transfer, and more easily back those folders up to your HD to both save the samples with their hashes and also know how much +Drive you are occupying.
Way easier to stay organized.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Transfer issues / sezare

I agree, it is amazing (when it works). I would’ve bought the Digitakt but the Model:samples works class compliant. It has everything I need and makes for a really compact setup with an iPad and AUM. It’s quite amazing with send return going to my eventide AUv3 plugins. I hope the sound card crash bug gets fixed soon though. Also, I think all Elektron’s future products should be class compliant. This makes things so streamlined.

3 Likes

i’ll have my M:S tomorrow! i am a long time ios musician coming back into hardware to mix into my ios stuff.
i’m curious if i can sync my ipad with the M:S clock just running thru the cck?
also is that all i’ll need to use the M:S to sequence an ios synth?

Yes

1 Like

great! thank you man.
also that drone jam up there is pretty rad… had it going in the background while i was doing some studio cleaning today

The MS I have is apparently not Class Compliant. It doesn’t rock at all. :angry:

I upgraded with a midi interface and midi DIN inputs. No luck with os1.12.
USB Not Recognized Windows message.

Transfer doesn’t work on my W8.1 computer, I can’t open it, but it works on another W8.1. Usb not recognized message on both anyway.

My A4 and AR MKI are recognized. No problem with other usb midi interfaces.

I tried USB and M+U.

je comprends pas si t’as réussi à installer le dernier os ou pas? j’enregistre mon m:s avec l’appli usb audio recorder, no soucy :wink:

Oui, mais avec une interface midi et les entrées midi DIN. :grimacing:

Ravi de l’apprendre. J’ai une Octatrack, et j’ai pas besoin d’ordi pour enregistrer. Copie des fichiers directement sur la carte très rapide, pas besoin de logiciel.

Avec le MS sans USB, plus d’une demi-heure pour charger 5MB.

je suis d’accord, j’ai aussi des mach ines où t’enregistres direct tes beats en wav, c’est pratique mais que tu puisses enregistrer les beats avec cette méthode pour le m:s, je trouve ça pratique, ça fait moins d’édition avec l’ordi :nerd_face:

Avec l’OT j’enregistre directement la bonne longueur. Pas besoin d’édition. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am also on Win8.1 64bit and Transfer works flawlessly.

However only yellow attention signs in the hardware manager so no class compliance here.

Linux and Android works though…

Carsten

It seems that Class compliant differs from USB Audio 1 and USB Audio 2 which the Model Samples needs. And thats not avaible for Win8.1 :frowning:

So no fish for us. (No I wont change to Win10) If I need Class compliance I boot Linux…