Chompi

Saw this on Instagram, a little sampling Keyboard launches on Kickstarter.

18 Likes

Looks really nice

Nice!

Wonder how the Kickstarter will be priced. Per their website, this thing is $599 which feels mighty steep in my opinion.

Def intrigued though

6 Likes

Iā€™d buy it for the 909 keyboard and handle myself.
Nice looking little thing but if thatā€™s the price Iā€™ll just be an observerā€¦

Like a Social Entropy Engine crashed into the Blipbox :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Looks fun. Like a pocket operator meets a pocket piano.

3 Likes

Tobias Funke?!

7 Likes

Very cute looking and sounds great.

Realistically I already have something like this on the op-z using the tape track with multiple synth tracks. The tape track isnā€™t a looper but dynamic, playful and unexpected.

Yes, i think my op-1 Covers the same functionality and moreā€¦

1 Like

Ouch. Will be interested to see the pre-order pricing.

3 Likes

The handle seems like a silly waste of space while understandable for an 8yoā€™s speak-n-spell but I donā€™t see the purpose in carrying around a $500 item like that. Better would be a chain so one could wear it around the neck like Flava Flavā€™s clock.

17 Likes

Itā€™s a bit Critter & Guitari in the artworkā€¦ Kinda love it though.

3 Likes

It has an interesting concept but I also feel like thereā€™s several Organelle patches that do the same shit.

4 Likes

The handle looks removable to me. Itā€™s got little cavities on it, looks like you could fit a screwdriver into it.

2 Likes

Looks so cute and equally terrible to use, and this is precisely why it will be successfully funded. :rofl:

3 Likes

You are correct, I emailed and they replied: ā€œTo answer your question: Yesā€¦ the handle attaches with two Allen screws, and can easily be removed.ā€

1 Like

I quite like the idea of being Gene Belcher

4 Likes

Love it, SK-1 on steroids but at 599 Iā€™ll pass.

1 Like

The jokeā€™s on us, this is all an elaborate ā€œimmersive-advertisingā€ teaser for a new season of Portlandia.

It all honesty, its totally adorable and ć‹ć‚ć„ć„ć‚£ć‚£ć‚£ć‚£ćƒ¼ćƒ¼ćƒ¼ćƒ¼.
I legit wish my Rytm looked like this and still had all the functionality of a Rytm.

6 Likes

Iā€™m trying to find this information on their site. Link?

Yeah, Iā€™m not going to sit here and pretend I havenā€™t always kind of wanted a Yamaha SU700 just for that bit.

Anyway, the thing looks super cool. Demo sounded good. I donā€™t know about $599. But I like it.

6 Likes