Chase Bliss Generation Loss MKII

Yeah this is pretty special!
Have a Habit on the way and have the Mood already but aye, if money wasn’t such an object, then that’s pretty much my pedal hit-list right there!

1 Like

Yeah I’m 2970. Been wanting a Gen Loss for a year so this was an easy buy. I’ve been eyeing the Shallow Water too, but stereo is kind of a must for most of my synths and I didn’t want to buy two of them. This will be my first Chase Bliss pedal - the dip switches are a bit intimidating but they don’t seem too bad.

3 Likes

Pre-ordered. Jesus. Moment of GAS madness. It sounded good and I’ve not bought a fancy pedal before. Er… it’s my birthday soon, does that make it ok?

7 Likes

When you first start using a CB pedal, just ignore all the dip switches. After you figure out what’s happening with the knobs, then start incorporating the dip switches.

5 Likes

It’s a great pedal. I’ve got a MK1 that I love. Along with the Alexander Syntax Error, it’s my favorite “make everything sound janky” pedal.
Still on the fence about buying a second one without any clips of the new modes, but stereo alone is tempting me.
If you missed out on the first CB one or the CooperFX versions, this is a no-brainer.

Do these Chase and Bliss pedals work OK with synth line levels? The CXM 1978 does, what about this one and the Habit?

It’s funny seeing people drastically drop the price of the CB Gen less v1, and it’s still at 675-1000. Who would buy that now except for completists, people who don’t know a mk2 was announced, or someone who just had to have one now?

1 Like

I’ve been tempted to get a second one forever, but kept thinking having a different, distinct set of random warbles on each channel would ultimately be… weird? Really glad to get a pedal with algorithms specifically built for stereo (which may, actually, end up being a distinct set of random warbles on each channel anyway? But at least it will be intentional.)

2 Likes

Ah. That’s what happened to me. My brain left me. And the implied future scarcity.

Is that a thing with boutique pedals: they only have limited runs?

4 Likes

I was around 4 hours ahead of you and my order number almost 600 less. That’s almost 150 pedals a hour (in the US). Not that we needed evidence, but seems like a big hit for Chase Bliss.

1 Like

Not gonna pre order as I’ve been doing that too much recently. Plus, I’ve super slimmed down my equipment. Looks great though. Here’s hoping it’s around long enough for me to get one.

2 Likes

I have a Cooper FX Aracdes (card-based multifx) and it’s basically full time set up to use the “Generation Loss” card, so I’m kinda tempted to get a Gen Loss v2 since it’s an always-on effect for me :grimacing:

Maybe time to sell some less-used pedals to raise some funds :thinking:

Was expecting it to be mono and that would have made it easy to take a pass, but stereo–ok, I want one. Looks like a great range of processing styles too.

And here we go -

3 Likes

Oh. It’s in stereo.

Pre-ordered.

Damn.

7 Likes

Ooh no, it’s stereo!

4 Likes

I know. We’re in for it.

So how does it work for chase bliss, to they have a a limited amount of pre-orders?

In theory, yes. But this one, their ambition seems to sell as many as they get orders on, providing the world allows, with resource shortage and such stuff.

I’m wondering if I should sleep on it or just go for it… I have the funds, but those funds were for other stuff, so then I have to sell some stuff and I don’t really like to be in that situation… argh