Chase Bliss Audio MOOD

You feel the difference between the Mood and the Blooper justifies having the two? I’m using the Blooper regularly and can get the textures I loved from the Mood from it, but I kind of liked how the Mood was just a happy accident thing. Capture something, see what came out. The Blooper is more polite in that way.

But I wonder if I’m not just romantisicing the entire idea and experience of the Mood. I did sell it for a reason, after all.

2 Likes

Ahhh, may need to pivot there.

Another quick noodle here:

Sorry, more guitar…

I have to say the first couple of days with the Mood were a little disappointing. The “now what” moment came pretty quickly. I could see it getting returned. After a few more days it’s quickly becoming more inspiring to play with, as mentioned, lots of happy mistakes and stuff I’d not have thought of.

I have the Blooper as well and I can’t really see the overlap - the Blooper does sort of do some of the sounds but it’s so controlled by comparison. Almost feels a little boring and needs the MOOD in front of it to give you those odd moments. I do love the Blooper for the layers and being able to build a track on it quite quickly - can’t wait for the firmware upgrade to include taking audio out of the blooper!

Now to try some digitone or digitakt through it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What do you mean there?

What do you use it with primarily? What is the sort of experimental workflow that works better than your initial?

I caved and ordered one of these after a week or so of looking at videos. I’ve been getting a lot more ambient and meditative with my music, often just being satisfied using one synth voice on its own and playing simple melodies or arpeggios, so something like this will come in handy to provide some smeary ambience.

I can imagine making an entire album using this and my Nord Lead, or OP-1, or guitar, or 606…

1 Like

Here’s the info on the Blooper and update

Nothing really changed from how I used it at the start, I think I just understand the effects and how it’s going to behave a little better. At the start it felt very limited, now it’s beginning to feel more interesting and usable. I’ve kept it simple with just using a guitar so far, as that’s what I’m more used to. I think you need to play an instrument into the Mood, as you need to react to what it’s doing. Not sure a sequenced piece would work so well - but I could be completely wrong. Guess it depends what you want to use it for.

2 Likes

That sounds really nice.

I understand the possible disappointment during the first few days… My girlfriend gave me one for my birthday a month ago and on the second day I was like, damn, not sure how much I’ll use this but I can’t get rid of it so might as well keep at it. After a night watching some YouTube videos (loopop’s was very helpful) everything clicked and now that I know what I’m doing it is very fun to explore.

I would still love to have a Blooper though… and several other Chase Bliss pedals…

1 Like

Yeah I can imagine I’ll want a few more of their pedals, they look really great and with almost full midi implementation they’ll pair nicely with my Elektrons :metal:

Thanks!

Yup, exactly the same here.

Can highly recommend the Blooper, really good fun and a nice combo with the Mood.

I love how much activity is in this thread!

I got a Blooper back in April, and quickly picked up a Mood. I’ve posted it in another thread, but I did an album with the two - each track is live, one take. (links below)

I wanted to mention to you mono/stereo-concerned people - if you have a stereo synth, and are concerned about mono effects, pick up a Radial Key Largo. There is an effects send that you can configure as mono. The effect channel runs parallel. So, if you aren’t using sends on a mixer, this is a great option as a little mini stereo mixer.

Album - Saxophone > Blooper > Mood. Very ambient. Very David Lynch soundtrack.

14 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Really got me thinking. Need to try the Blooper into the Mood! I’ve been going Mood into Blooper

1 Like

There are no wrong answers.

6 Likes

Depends what Mood your in :rofl:

3 Likes

…and if you’re feeling bloopy. :smirk:

3 Likes

I usually Blooper into Mood a little after lunch. OK, I’ll see myself out now.

5 Likes

But you’re doing call backs, right? The audience wants more, you know :slight_smile:

This is genuinely compelling. Fantastic use of minimal kit.

Cheers!

3 Likes

This is lovely work. A strong combination of solid musicianship and clever use of technology. I love the atmosphere as well as the progression. Hell, I just love it.

2 Likes

@JohntheSavage
@circuitghost

Thanks so much for listening, and for the comments! I appreciate it!

1 Like

Anyone adjusted the internal trimmers at all to boost the loop side signal? The manual hints at the capability but I haven’t seen any specific documentation as to which trimmers effect that. Ive been running an as-1 through it. It sounds great but with no incoming signal, the looper seems particularly quiet.

1 Like