Chase Bliss Audio MOOD

That sounds really nice.

I understand the possible disappointment during the first few days… My girlfriend gave me one for my birthday a month ago and on the second day I was like, damn, not sure how much I’ll use this but I can’t get rid of it so might as well keep at it. After a night watching some YouTube videos (loopop’s was very helpful) everything clicked and now that I know what I’m doing it is very fun to explore.

I would still love to have a Blooper though… and several other Chase Bliss pedals…

1 Like

Yeah I can imagine I’ll want a few more of their pedals, they look really great and with almost full midi implementation they’ll pair nicely with my Elektrons :metal:

Thanks!

Yup, exactly the same here.

Can highly recommend the Blooper, really good fun and a nice combo with the Mood.

I love how much activity is in this thread!

I got a Blooper back in April, and quickly picked up a Mood. I’ve posted it in another thread, but I did an album with the two - each track is live, one take. (links below)

I wanted to mention to you mono/stereo-concerned people - if you have a stereo synth, and are concerned about mono effects, pick up a Radial Key Largo. There is an effects send that you can configure as mono. The effect channel runs parallel. So, if you aren’t using sends on a mixer, this is a great option as a little mini stereo mixer.

Album - Saxophone > Blooper > Mood. Very ambient. Very David Lynch soundtrack.

14 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Really got me thinking. Need to try the Blooper into the Mood! I’ve been going Mood into Blooper

1 Like

There are no wrong answers.

6 Likes

Depends what Mood your in :rofl:

3 Likes

…and if you’re feeling bloopy. :smirk:

3 Likes

I usually Blooper into Mood a little after lunch. OK, I’ll see myself out now.

5 Likes

But you’re doing call backs, right? The audience wants more, you know :slight_smile:

This is genuinely compelling. Fantastic use of minimal kit.

Cheers!

3 Likes

This is lovely work. A strong combination of solid musicianship and clever use of technology. I love the atmosphere as well as the progression. Hell, I just love it.

2 Likes

@JohntheSavage
@circuitghost

Thanks so much for listening, and for the comments! I appreciate it!

1 Like

Anyone adjusted the internal trimmers at all to boost the loop side signal? The manual hints at the capability but I haven’t seen any specific documentation as to which trimmers effect that. Ive been running an as-1 through it. It sounds great but with no incoming signal, the looper seems particularly quiet.

1 Like

So I was wrong about the Mood.

I realised, months after I sold it, the stuff I recorded from it, I keep coming back to and use in all kinds of contexts. I’ve had the Blooper for some time now and I don’t get nearly as much use from that one, as I got from the Mood.

So now I’m getting a Mood again and Blooper is out.

7 Likes

Keep them both! That’s what I did and they are so incredible together! Expensive too though…

2 Likes

Yeah, but I’m not getting anything out of the Blooper I can’t make even better with the Blackbox. The Blackbox is quite an incredible looper in itself.

And it has sixteen of them going at once. In stereo and shit :slight_smile:

So it’s not so much that the Blooper isn’t awesome, but more that I’m already covered with a solution that works better for me.

4 Likes

Ha, yeah I’d boxed mine up to sell it because it really seems like a pedal made for people who play live, rather than sequenced music. Then one day I was jamming and decided to run my 606 through it, and it sounded amazing.

Similarly with my MS20, it really adds some interesting textures, especially once you start playing with the LFO…

… so I guess I’m keeping it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I take it these are out of production? Local stores in Aus seem to have no stock. Gotta keep your eye open for them on the 2nd hand market…

They aren’t, Chase Bliss just hasn’t been able to meet demand because of production issues and increased demand caused by COVID.

2 Likes