Chase Bliss Audio MOOD

The right side is always listening to both the input and the left side. So, if you have a delay tail, right side will capture it. Because of the way the clock works, if you have the left side on delay with full time and full repeats, you will capture the same delay loop on the left as is playing on the right.

Edit: If left side is set to reverb, it doesn’t pass a “loop” just that tail. It’s mostly a feature of the delay setting with knobs at full CW

1 Like

I think that you almost have to look at the Mood as being an instrument as much as an effect. It’s probably something that you’re going to need to use a decent amount before it really opens up to you and you know exactly what will happen when you turn the various knobs.

5 Likes

Edit: If left side is set to reverb, it doesn’t pass a “loop” just that tail. It’s mostly a feature of the delay setting with knobs at full CW

Ah, okay. So it’s not really a thing. Thanks, again!

@Meriphew – yeah, it’s so out there that it’s taking me out of my comfort zone – I tend to try and control everything. Happy accident machine seems spot on!

1 Like

Oh, it’s definitely a thing, and a key feature of the accidents that can occur. I think you nailed it, though. Aside from the left side delay and reverb, everything else about the MOOD is not about controlling everything, but letting it give you something in response to you dabbling with it.

4 Likes

The “Drip” channel, indicated by a “water drop” symbol, is the OBNE-designed delay/pseudo reverb side.

The Microlooper channel is indicated by a circular arrow symbol.

There is a 3-way toggle underneath the Clock knob that selects the input to the “Drip” channel. Options are realtime input, Microlooper, and input + Microlooper. The toggle is disabled if either channel is inactive.

2 Likes

There are a handful of overview/tutorial videos, ranging from good to very good. This one is my favorite so far. As much as I have a fondness for ambient, experimental stuff, and even noise, this might have the clearest explanations yet of how to use the MOOD for a variety of musical approaches, not just crazy stuff

10 Likes

Stefan is great, can’t wait to watch this. Thanks for reposting

You’re welcome! This video was uploaded today so I’m be surprised if it’s a repost. I do think it has info to offer that is not covered in the earlier videos

3 Likes

ah yeah i guess i meant repost as in post it here OOPS but the video is very good. part i found most helpful were the dip switches, which i’ve only dabbled in. had no idea you could get chorus out of it!

Darn pricey pedal this, but have succumbed and am taking delivery in a few days. Having watched every available vid, I’ve convinced myself I need this small ingeniously thought-out 2 machine box to interexchange and smearmangle sounds to make them my own for re-use/inspiration elsewhere.
Was veering towards a tensor, count to five or even the formidable zellersasn but the integrated-around-clock dual tricks nature of this seems like it might yield better results than random confusion.
The Hologram Microcosm looks very nice, but almost too like clouds-seq in a pedal, and I’ve other things to do that, so not as elegant.
(The usual GAS excuse, I’m just paying a $100 fixed fee to rent it for a while. Plus I’m way more a guitar noodler than anything else)

Any others enjoying theirs as an exploration tool?

1 Like

I got one on order, I’m waiting for receive it.
It seem a great texture maker and it should combine well with my guitar style.

I got a blooper a month ago as my first chase bliss pedal and I immediately loved the concept,
So I’m sure that I’ll love this one too.

I kind of regret selling mine. Still think about it, listen to the stuff I made with it, going “Aaw.”

1 Like

That video was very good. I use the mood with my Ciat Lonbarde gear, but sometimes I don’t know where that awesome sound comes from when I just twist the knobs on the mood… I am gonna understand it better what I am doing after this video. thanks for posting!

Probably it’s been already posted, but I like a lot this demo:

Mine just arrived.
After a few weeks with the Blooper - which is really useful, inspiring and in its considerable thoughtfulness, distinguished from ‘standard’ looper approaches - I’m naively amazed how significantly different Mood is - even though that’s pretty clear from everyone from CBA themselves to the whole internet.
I had still expected Mood to feel like a related pedal but just with a shorter loop, reverb and some chirpy quirks.
However so far, just with an hour of no manual reading and getting stuck into it, it seems to be just what I was hoping. Not so much a granular tool box (which it might yet still be) but moreso a really nice delay with verb combined with a way of capturing short motifs and riffs and affecting/dissecting them whilst playing over them and then doing the same thing again.
Because of the verb, delay and microlooping (so far I mean several seconds rather than granular) combo it is one of the most comfortable organic auto-accompaniment tools I’ve ever used. Not simply click-riff-click-loop-play like a regular looper … I won’t try to explain but hopefully you get the sense of it.

As a noob to CBA I can see that whilst the hardware is top notch quality and design, it is the thought process and sound quality you are also paying for. They have that extra inspirational aura that elektron has. It’s not the machine so much as the way it inspires you to use it.

I’ll check back in a week after I’ve given it a thorough going over with sources other than guitar and have read the manual.

Nice to get the delivery on a friday afternoon!

13 Likes

I had my Mood for a couple days then sold it. I threw together a quick sound sample of me using it with my A4 going through it. If it was stereo I def would have kept it. Was recorded through my iPhone.

4 Likes

whoa ive never seen it in that color, where’d you get it from?

Chicago Music Exchange did a limited run (25) of these acid etched editions.

2 Likes

Well, after a couple of days with Mood I gotta say that I really like it, :orange_heart::heart::purple_heart:

In fact I’d love to have more than one,
put it in various places of the fx chain and instantly take crazy little snippets of audio here and there :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve definitely pondered a 2nd for stereo output into my El Cap or a dedicated MOOD for each Whimsical Raps W/ tape reel in my modular mini-case but that just seems really extravagant. Still tempting…