CEO job at elektron...decide whether Digitakt gets song mode

:eyes:

28 Likes

If you heart something, does it mean you agree? Blink once for yes, twice for no.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Iā€™m not a music instrument sales exec but not sure that COVIDā€™s had the affect youā€™re attributing to it.

Anecdotally, all the music stores I buy from (in Australia and overseas) have had one of their best years because most of the people who represent their core repeat business (i.e. music hobbyists with a bit of disposable income) have been stuck at home for various extended periods over the past 18 months.

3 Likes

FYI you can quite easily find business info on ā€œElektron Music Machines MAV ABā€ with a search online.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I hope Iā€™m not wrong but I think you are all freaking out over nothing. I canā€™t think of a single company in music thatā€™s figured out software services and recurring revenue for physical devices.

2 Likes

Yeah I think that to go from a predominantly hardware product lineup to a predominately SAAS company is a big leap, unlikely to have any appeal to investors or consumers.

After all a large percentage of Elektron users donā€™t primarily use computers for music making, and a large percentage of those that use computers for music have little interest in Elektron products, of course there are those that do both but I suspect those are the smallest segment of the 3.

Also AFAICS Elektron are amongst the most well regarded hardware sequencer manufacturers, a reputation built over years, to not see the ā€œUSPā€ in that would be pretty unlikely.

Most likely is a Roland Cloud type thing I think.

7 Likes

He does seem quite competent. With a background in media and arts, he seems like a good fit. And the business experience can probably be used to keep Elektron profitable, and able to exist for a long time while taking care of and support all the users.

/thomas

4 Likes

I posted it for purely information sake. I donā€™t have a comment either way. Weā€™ll only know for sure when the next unique product is released.

He clearly has a lot of experience. But with how everything is going down, it just doesnā€™t seem to be in the way old Elektron heads are on board with.

Seems to be the case.

1 Like

@xidnpnlss didnā€™t express anything more than just posting to LinkedIn. I myself reacted to this based on my own professional experience of this man.

But each to their own, right?

2 Likes

Got any tea to spill?

1 Like

Beans.

1 Like
1 Like

Talk about sharp turns. What are we talking about?

Speaking to me in the voice of Mr Gordon Gecko.

1 Like

Beans

3 Likes

OK, iā€™ll participate this paranoia festival remembering what happened to E-Mu.

3 Likes

Oh right.

Iā€™m particular to black mā€™self.

1 Like