CEO job at elektron...decide whether Digitakt gets song mode

anyone want to be ceo?

12 Likes

Oj, when did Jonas step down?

2 Likes

“Experience in building a scalable SaaS business”…wha?!

4 Likes

that requirement piqued my interest as well…

3 Likes

SaaS - ominous indeed.

Software as a service is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted.

5 Likes

:frowning: …

1 Like

yep… pay forever

2 Likes

pay per play!

1 Like

… or, in full:

Experience in building a scalable SaaS business and how it’s linked to their products

7 Likes

I don’t think it’ll take away from the instruments that we already own. My concern is that they start charging subscription fees for Overbridge… that would suck. Maybe they’re going to enter the DAW market.

4 Likes

its interesting how the boundaries between hardware and software are continuing to blur. Maschine+ , VCV rack, plus many other examples of course - The Economist this week states that over a trillion silicon chips are made each year globally - equivalent to 128 per person on the planet. Quite a thought…

Could be working on a subscription & cloud-based DAW or plugin suite. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’m not a computer expert, but I’d speculate that they might be looking to get into offering a cloud service to try to avoid the near constant updates they need to make to overbridge every time Apple or Microsoft fart.

I could be completely wrong, as I know almost nothing about computers.

7 Likes

does make you wonder if any new hardware will come from Elektron in the future though.

1 Like

nahhh it doesn’t…

:sweat_smile:

… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Given that they were hiring hardware engineers for a new generation of products last year, that line in a job posting does not make me wonder whether any new hardware will come from Elektron in the future.

7 Likes

“Arranger for Digitakt 4,99€/month! Subscribe now and get this Sample pack on top – for free!”

3 Likes

And the second bullet point after the SasS one says:

• Business-driven with the ability to work close to sales, product, software- and hardware development

(My emphasis )

And see also:

You need to be comfortable with ambiguity, they are in a fast-growing business and there will always be grey areas, which is part of the fun.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Linked to their products or not, Elektron looking to build a SaaS business is still curious. I certainly don’t see it as bad or negative! SaaS = cloud and, these days, subscription. Will be interesting to see where they take things.

2 Likes

For the Saas part, what I felt is that they realized how much work it is to create OverBridge, and maintaining it with Mac and Microsoft not worrying a minute about breaking these tools. It must have been a massive blow to have to re-code Overbridge for Big Sur, something that wasn’t planned. How do you finance software development in an ever changing OS updates - you can’t only rely on the profit you make on the hardware to do so.

4 Likes