CEO job at elektron...decide whether Digitakt gets song mode

Man that would be cool. I literally just got a Maschine mk3 to fill both the song and chop void with as little pc time as possible but I just don’t want to neglect my digitakt…

1 Like

yeah the digitakt is so special, will never make the mistake of selling mine again, doing so was the first time that ever in my life I felt the hammer of regret before the dude walked away with my digitakt

1 Like

I’m considering dropping the money for an OT to add to the digitakt but I kind of feel like I just need chopping on the DT for the thing to be aperfec

1 Like

yeah, stereo samples more sample and project storage and it would be perfect for me… that’s why I truly believe they will drop another beatmachine that addresses these things, if not tooooo much money would be left on the table that could go right back into developing other great instruments for them not to do so!

Congratulations @liffgarden!

Can we get song mode on the Digitakt? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://se.linkedin.com/in/liffgarden

Well… a change of CEO… where the job offer included “as a service”… and Dataline leaves due to a “recent abrupt turn”…

I don’t want to be paranoid. But I feel like it may be time to get the Elektron boxes we still don’t have before they become rarities.

May the god of trigs prove me wrong.

11 Likes

who knew this whole time they’ve been looking for a Cenk Entergagement Officer

1 Like

He certainly doesn’t look too elektronauts forums very much does he? Not like other employees have.

Get ready folks, we are about to get that Roland Clan treatment.

2 Likes

Totally. They need to get a grip and realise who they are before they ruin themselves. No one here wants software as a service etc - we bought into Elektron gear and continue to do so because of the unique thing they do so well.

They misunderstand this basic tenet at their peril. Sadly happens to companies all too often when too much money gets involved…

7 Likes

Yeah, the words of Dataline resonates in my head a lot. 50% of my current gear is Elektron stuff, planing to increase that number with at least an A4, maybe a DN too. I use it, because it DOES NOT need a computer. Because I can make just with some boxes. Because they are deep, always will have some mysteries in them and inspire me to make music. Yes, those boxes and their business-model is a little “outdated” because I paid a whole lot of money for each box and just own it after that.
I don’t want as a service features in my music gear. I don’t want software and apps. I could live without Overbridge, I would like to have every of those machines to have simple multitrack audio over USB for ease of use, but I really like the big boxes as they are. Sure, I had fun with the Model series, but at the end, I am using only the big boxes currently, and I have a little fear currently, that the A4 might be the last big box to buy from Elektron, because everything night sounds awful from what we know currently (that is not much…) :frowning: Makes me sad.

8 Likes

To me it looks like this company is about to be sold to … company like Korg. Not to Roland, Novation - too many crossover products. Could be to some software giant. The toll of the pandemic starts to creep in I am afradid…

yes or sold to a Private Equity which is even worse

2 Likes

Perhaps thats why a lot of guys leaving Electron?
Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

1 Like

I missed this, do you have a link?

Edit: got it, Goodbye Elektron & A New Chapter

:frowning:

1 Like

Well, that wasn’t news I was hoping for on a Sunday morning.

3 Likes

The eternal optimist in me is hoping that Elektron won’t change too much, but time will tell.

Software as a service has zero interest for me, so I hope that this won’t be the focus going forward.

10 Likes

What does it say? (I don’t have LinkedIn account)

1 Like

The new CEO of Elektron doesn’t have a soul is what it says. All of his positions have been with software/internet tech companies.

Not sure if he knows what a drum machine is.

16 Likes

Just to add a slightly different perspective … there’s a lot of hysteria going on here. Perhaps a changing of the guard and / or new investment could help drive some positive change. Elektron has long felt like a company that needs greater resources and I think there are definitely improvements that could be made.

4 Likes