Cats

13 Likes

I love cats and get visited often in the studio, but since I had a meowing contest going on, while I was recording a performance live (well, it was a synth so the meowing was not recorded), I try to keep them out of the studio, if I have to concentrate.

Can you imagine playing a session on the keyboard and having your furry sweet-heart sitting under the stand and keeping to tell you that there are definitely more important things to do now, like to care about this poor neglegted little kitty? :joy_cat: :scream_cat: :worried:

2 Likes

… musing … how far would those odd worms fly through the air, if I was sweeping them off the desk? :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

This thread is giving me cat gas, so to speak. Next purchase…

8 Likes

ah ah, this thread reminds me another one on Ableton forums, “cats and studio pics”, filled with 2000+ cats-on-gear pics :slight_smile:

I bet everyone heard about “Cats on synthesizers in space”…
If not, click on the picture…

26 Likes

I can only endorse to get one (better two) :wink:

they are mobile, run on re-loadable batteries (up to 17.5 years now), self-refueling, almost self-cleaning, cover quite a sonic territory of sounds - some melodic - some more of a FX type (particularly when pissed off), but always cutting through any mix, and if we are very lucky, the little rascals catch a mouse or two, bring them inside, and let them loose for everybody having fun too.

3 Likes

great trig randomizer!

5 Likes

the run very warm… cats like warm things

Surely a prize for a picture of a Kitty sitting on one of these?

4 Likes

Things must be slow around here… This thread made the “hot topics” headlines in the Elektron newsletter.

8 Likes

My cats are obsessed with gear. They sit on it or near it at every opportunity. Weird that loud noises usually startle them, unless they are loud electronic noises :smile_cat:

17 Likes

What is that thing between A4 and Deepmind?

Avalon Bassline

3 Likes

Avalon Bassline

It’s the shit

2 Likes

It’s the cat piss😉

2 Likes

Yeah why is it that you can play the loudest experimental beats and what not, and the cats are just passed out, then someone drops something or opens a door and they get startled? Ha

2 Likes

Meet Pollux! The heating is a sweet spot for cats in winter.

19 Likes

That is a seriously beautiful cat!

Beauty of a cat.
You got it in black to match the elektron gear - admit it!

2 Likes