Can you imagine if I buy a used Monomachine and elektron put them to sell again for a normal price?

I was looking at pics of the Digitone Keys yesterday wondering why the pitch, mod and octave controls were on the “far” side of the “brain”, rather than immediately next to the keyboard. So, it seems like Elektron felt the same way as you about the joystick… but why? Wouldn’t it be more ergonomic to have all the main playing surfaces closer together?

Whenever I’m drawn towards MM/MD I remind myself that the Elektron sequencer has moved on a great deal since they have been discontinued and that in conjunction with their current price and my limited funds is reason enough for me to not buy either of them. I could well see some aspects of these machines return at some point and then there will be no holding back for me.

1 Like

Wow, I think people are getting crazy… even the TM-1

400 Bucks for a Midi-Interface - seems reasonable - not

Next up: Elektron TM-1 MKII ^^

That pretty much sums it up.

…no worries…will never happen…

but what could really happen is a new product that covers all the sonic ground from all the classics in one new box…
in fact THAT would be the no brainer product they could really sell these days for years to come, given the fact of those mindblowing rises in secondhand pricetags…

but if so…that will be not the original by any means…so if u really wanna invest in this machine, it remains a good investment, if that kind of mindset is what steals ur sleep…

2 Likes

A while i can understand pitch wheel/mod wheel in that spot, they wouldn’t stick up far… but you always had to reach around the joystick when playing the keys and interacting with the rest of the buttons.

I mean even if they just moved the joystick up…like towards the back panel would have been fine, but you hand want to naturally travel between the keys and the rest of the buttons…and they have the giant stick in the way…

Its the only reason I didn’t buy a MM. Boy do i feel stupid now tho…

it wasn’t intrusive in practice though. did you ever play one?

Judging by the latest product developments I’d say there is zero chance of there being a re-issue, even if that was possible and the parts were available, which I also doubt.

If you see a used unit for a decent price go for it! It’s a miraculous device.

It’s a special device. I’m yet to see mine perform a miracle, though.

1 Like

Really? I guess it’s subjective then. :slight_smile:

Let’s not let the hype train get too out of control. :slight_smile:

Get back to us after you’ve seen Elvis. :wink:

4 Likes

If you want a MnM it’s because you know what this Machine is capable of and you like its Sound. So, why bother about a reissue or a modern take on it, unless you only want it based on its reputation and don’t know anything about its workflow or its features.

Meanwhile, no Tracks have ever been made based upon a WHAT IF…

1 Like

What do you mean by “no tracks have ever been made based upon a what if”?

I really like the mute thread button.

I sold a machine drum and mono machine for about 1200 each 1.5 years ago. They were both the high end versions. I don’t regret unloading them, but I’m pretty shocked at the prices now.

What if is the fear of missing something.
What if is the opposite of taking action.

With What if, you do nothing. In this case, you don’t acquire the device and no music is produced with it.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. Gotcha!
I would agree.

1 Like

Looking at the non(public at least) acknowledgement of third parties like Elk Herd, Octaedit, The OS X.04 team etc. I highly doubt they would want their brand dilluted with a new MFG making a competing product to their own line even if a cut comes back to them. The MNM is dead, ya’ll.

My post wasn’t related directly to the OP but to where some of the posts were headed.

1 Like