Can Elektron please start selling MachineDrums again?

Elektron, while you are busy making monomachines and machinedrums again, could you make the mk2 AR and A4 but in the MK1 chassis, oh and do the MK2 OT but in Black, and with round buttons please? That would be splendid. Thank you :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

and please, make a kitchen machine for my pancakes with paramter locks.

4 Likes

Now you’re getting it!
Also, there’s a lot of empty space inside an octatrack, how about a side compartment that opens and you can keep snacks in there for after the show?

3 Likes

The thing I really miss on the MD is the modern Elektron sequencer. I’ve gotten too used to the world of conditional trigs and microtiming. If it had those I’d probably never want for another drum machine.

5 Likes

That is Direct Start, not Direct Jump as in AR/A4/AK. :wink:
Map Editor has a gate feature others don’t have.

Direct Jump should be possible with Song mode and Song Pointer Position (SPP). I could do it with OT. Theorically doable with all Elektrons having song mode (they all use SPP).

1 Like

I’m not interested in a MD MKIII. A new product with better drum synthesis, sequencer improvements, yes.

8 Likes

nope :slight_smile:12 bit rules
crunchy and full of sine waves and noise…

but I guess this is the problem with modern machines… you get 24 bit boredom but no character…

4 Likes

that was a bit harsh…
I am simply afraid that my MD won’t last forever and I am not too happy with DT, AR or MS…
They are fine but they are no MD… :frowning:

Definitely not what I prefer with MD. 12 bit more flat than crunchy. I prefer 16/24 bit with good Bit Reduction.

Basic sine waves you absolutely can’t tune accurately, basic noise machine. Many synths can do better, AR does better (really good noise machine).

2 Likes

the one says flat
the other says character :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes please

17 Likes

Hopefully Behringer will clone it

should be great!

No p-locks, no midi implementation, $149,

Volca Drum kills it.

1 Like

Flat is not the right term. For me it’s more like something missing than a quality, and I don’t find it crunchy. OTO Biscuit is definitely crunchy!

Anyway you can’t criticize MD here! :smile:

1 Like

let me show you, how you can:
I do not like the red display

2 Likes

I really like it!

7 Likes

ok, you won :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes the MD needs to come back. Same engines, same fx, etc but with updated sequencer. No more bs detours like model:samples.

1 Like

Funny, I’ve made way more tracks in a month of ownership of that “bs detour” then I ever made with my Machinedrum.

And it’s full of MD samples!

It’s almost as if every tool is a weapon if you hold it right.

7 Likes

This clip nails what I like about the MD
And his improvisation the last minutes is great and sounds like I want the MD to sound :slight_smile:

7 Likes