Buchla & Tiptop Audio Series 200 Eurorack Modules

One of the big announcements from Superbooth 21, Buchla and Tiptop Audio have teamed up to recreate Buchla modules from the 70s in Eurorack format and at very affordable prices:

https://tiptopaudio.com/buchla/

32 Likes

Wow…

<3

3 Likes

This needs to be highlighted:

258t – Dual Oscillator – available Winter 2021 $160-200
281t – Quad Function Generator – available Winter 2021 $170-210

Just unbelievable.

18 Likes

wow. Compared to the buchla inspired dual vcos already available in eurorack… this looks really affordable

3 Likes

Wow, this might compel me to buy euro for the first time…

2 Likes

Amazing. Love the look of the Buchla Mantis case.

3 Likes

This is incredible. TipTop’s a great choice as well! They know their shit.

3 Likes

I’m back to eurorack ! (Maybe)

3 Likes

Very cool, and the prices seem great.

1 Like

This looks great. I’ve been interested in some Buchla modules recently. So i will be looking at what Tiptop produces.

Warning business discussion, skip this if you hate that.

This is how to clone. You make an agreement with a company, for reviving the best historic products that are no longer in production. Buchla is probably approving these products and then overseeing the quality of the engineering. A win win. Good business.

Buchla has been doing these agreements for a while, like the Thunderbird overlay for the Sensel Morph. This will help them expand in areas that they are good at.

If you hate reading anything about "business" :

Apologies if you hate reading anything about the business of making equipment. Please just skip over this post. No complaint posts please though.

20 Likes

Wauw! That’s great news! See you on Saturday Buchla/TT :white_flower:

Tiptop red panel will spice up my rack nicely

The list of modules so far :

• 258t – Dual Oscillator – available Winter 2021 $160-200
  • 281t – Quad Function Generator – available Winter 2021 $170-210
  • 292t – Quad Lopass Gate – available Spring 2022
  • 257t – Dual Voltage Processor – available Spring 2022
  • 266t – Source of Uncertainty – available Spring/Summer 2022
  • 245t – Sequential Voltage Source – available Winter/Spring 2022

You can see images of the modules here:

https://tiptopaudio.com/buchla/

Quite conveniently both Tiptop and Buchla are at Superbooth. Notice Buchla kept this under wraps through the whole Knobcon show they were at in Chicago just a few days back.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Banana connector are one wire, the signal, the case is ground. TR cables are two wire, one wire is signal the other ground. So you can connect, but will leave the technicals for another day another thread.

2 Likes

Yup, I use Buchla with Euro with Y adapter cables (one goes to ground and after it starts to work fine ).

But whats with voltage differences? Would b nice to have a simple solution for that (like internal switch or 8 cv / 8 plulse converter module ).

Anyway, it’s just a matter of price… probably would b more logical for B users like me just to stay calm and build Buchla system slowly.

Also the size of og Buchla modules is a big advantage, this of course can’t be “converted”, and “e” functionality, and wider choice of modules…

1 Like

my verbos looking nervous

3 Likes

I would call it “werking in conjunction with”.
Not ‘B’iting.

Agree, the right way to go about it. :+1:t6:

1 Like

I mean all due respect to the job they’ve done here…an affordable and inviting way to get into eurorack…

But I’m eagerly awaiting demos. Im suspicious of a dual osc at that price that can hold up to a DPO or CsL. Im not saying its impossible, just curious.

I suspect this is officially licensed Buchla cosplay as opposed to the real deal. Which is not a bad thing at all: like I said, affordable and inviting and probably plenty enough for some.

But I highly doubt your Complex Oscillator has anything to worry about.