Blue Trig Led?

Hi ! So i got my mk2 the other day, did the 1.30c update, and just noticed that the 16th trig is always blue, no matter the track, no matter the project. It’s actually the first button that lights up when i boot the machine. Is this a hardware issue ? Anyone else experiencing the same ? See the image below.

Try save project, factory reset.

Is that FUNC - BOOT, then EMPTY RESET ?

Yes try it as it often clears such anomalies.

Didn’t work :frowning: Thanks for the suggestion though. it’s also present when in midi mode, so i guess its a hardware issue

Try it again but load a new project after, see if that make a difference. If not then contact Elektron support.

I don’t have an Octatrack. Is there a LED test for the OT MkII like for the other Elektrons?

You boot to the Startuo Menu holding the FUNC key down when you power up, and then press Trig 1 to go into Test Mode.

The Digitakt for instance allows you to light various colors of LEDs. If there’s a problem, it’s very apparent.

Elektron Support will talk you through this.

1 Like

Yep. I’ll add that for MKI, after trig 1 test mode you have to press trig 3 - 4 - 5 to check the 3 led colors.

1 Like

Thanks all! Well, here is the result: Trig 3 = green, Trig 4 = green, trig 5 = no light, trig 6 = blue

3 Likes

Meaning red LED broken.

1 Like

@skoud Did you fix the blue trig 16 issue? I’ve got the same thing going on on my OT MKII…

Well, as I already said - the quality of production and quality control of the ELEKTRON gears greatly deteriorated. :slightly_frowning_face: Very sad. The company gave good hopes.
At the moment the amount of defective devices is very large. In my country I am one of the few engineers serving electronic musical instruments. Therefore, for many years it is easy to trace the dynamics of quality and weaknesses in any device.

3 Likes

there is no way of fixing it in software, so im sending it back to elektron via the vendor i bought it from

blue? I didn’t knew there was a blue led… when does blue used?

When you play blues only !

4 Likes

Hey there, I’ve got this exact same issue except it’s on my Scene B button. However when I hit shift to mute it, it will turn a weak, blinking red unlike the Scene A which is constant. Sometimes it will go out completely making it hard to tell if it’s muted or not.

This seems like a broken LED, is it possible for me to replace it with a bit of soldering knowledge and a new part? I just got my Octatrack back from repairs and I honestly don’t recall if it was like this previously, but I’d rather avoid sending it in again.

EDIT: Miraculously, updating to 1.40 seems to have fixed it, though the B scene LED is still slightly blue

1 Like

Same here! It was definitely a software bug :slight_smile: So glad I didn’t send mine in to repair this.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it is a software bug (because not everyone experienced it), but a matter of component tolerances. In the latest firmware they have implemented the possibility to dim the led intensity which modifies the voltages applied to the leds.

My guess is that the default voltage level from before got also slightly modified so leds on the brink to malfunctioning light up again correctly.

5 Likes

Yeah true, anyways - really happy it’s back to normal! Must feel awesome to fix hardware issues from Sweden in the whole world! Even if it’s only happened a few times.

3 Likes

Hi.

One year after the last post, my turn to ask about blue leds problem…
EDIT : Two years !

My trig leds 9 / 10 and 11 are permanently lit on respectively 9 blue, 10 strong white and 11 yellow. And this on any mode, means for example I can’t see if there are trigs on 9 10 or 11 in rec mode…

It occured like suddenly (while I was reading merlins guide :slight_smile: )

I’m on firmware 1.4

I performed the test mode stuff :

trig 3 = all yellow
trig 4= all green
trig 5 = all red but 9 10 and 11 as described blue, strong white and yellow
trig 6 = all led subtle white but 9 10 and 11 as described blue, white and yellow

Then when testing any rotary encoder, following the red led moving from right to left, everything ok

until 11 > 11 still yellow (9 = blue ; 10 = white)
until 10 > 10 gets green, 9 and 11 get subtle white but 11 yellow-ish and 9 blu-ish
until 9 > 9 = blue ; 10 = white ; 11 = yellow

Tried to empty reset : nothing.
Tried to re-install firmware : nothing

I would appreciate any kind of help on this, please.

EDIT 2 : These leds sometimes blink and change colors like mostly purple and white and get back to their blue / white / yellow state

Thank you very much in advance !

1 Like