Blue Trig Led?

Maybe intermittent cold solder joints from getting bumped by your fingers? It sounds like a mechanical issue to me. If some of the LED connections were intermittent it could make the colors change like you describe.

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for the reply.

Some precisions may help too…

It blinks really like once every hour or more… sometimes not.

First time, the 3 leds just lighten suddenly from nothing to this 3 colors and stay 99% of the time like this.

When I turn the unit on they light like this immediately and don’t change Colors has the other leds do.

Thanks again.

1 Like

I don’t know if you got it all sorted out? I had that happen, but it was right after I had received it back from servicing so I just shipped it back out, and they replaced them as though they were bad. But I did have the 1.40a OS and dimmed the LED’s. If that was something that may cause it?

Yeah I just tried to switch on the OT after 2/3 hours being off and the leds were normal again for a few seconds and start to flicker in multiple colors and the back on the three colors non stop…

It might be oxydation or any electrical problem and start to doubt that it’s a bug or something like that as Supercolor_T-120 said.

But in the same time as for Qdox 2 years ago, the 1.4 update apparently solved the problem…

• either dimmed or not, the problematic 3 trig buttons are full leds on.

Anyway.

I just opened a ticket with the support and see where it goes. It’s a second hand grey unit I have since almost one year now and it’s not guaranted anymore anyway so let’s see.

I’ll keep updating.

Thanks again

If it’s intermittent solder joints or defective LEDs, the temperature inside the OT rising as it’s on longer could make it start happening, that would explain the delay. Or if it’s the LEDs themselves and not a connecton, it could be the actual part’s own heat causing it (that seems more likely, because the OT doesn’t really run very hot and I don’t think it would be enough to actually make an intermittent connection open up - that’s more the sort of thing you get when there’s a big, internal, linear power supply that generates a lot of heat.

Well.

Today the leds went on a normal behavior again. And I used it for at least 3 hours…

As you just said the delay or intermittency of the problem would show that it’s a simple (but very annoying) led problem…

I’m pretty sure it will come back, then I’ll send it back to sweden for repair… For at least 100€. Customer service told me that it was possible to just buy the buttons and leds from them and do it with the help of a local electronic guy… Not so many around my place though. And in my opinion, quiet specific job.

I’ll put this money aside to prepare for that.

Hope it won’t come back in a crucial moment !

Thanks everyone for your participation. If I get more answers I’ll keep updating.

Peace

1 Like

…there are no blue leds in the ot…

somebody had picked one of the new multicolour ones by accident in the assembly/service process…and pretty sure, those react/speak a different micro voltage language these days…so this one is now lost in translation in the good old ot…

I thought the LEDs in the Octatrack were RGB.

1 Like

Yea the OT MK2 LED’s are RGB - when you turn it on it does a little Rainbow dance.

You’ve activated Smurf mode.

1 Like

So depending on how they work, either incorrect voltage or some of the legs being loose (the RGB LEDs I’ve used had separate legs for the R G and B elements) would make it display the wrong color.

If it was mine I’d probably open it up and carefully reflow the solder on the problem LEDs to see if that fixed it.

1 Like