BLKrbbt's Beat Corner

By all means do :slight_smile: And more chopping is generally the answer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

HOO boy… did this take some time to get up…

Its a good start… and I think this is a good way to show what the thread is all about, with progress being showed…

MORE TO COME!

7 Likes

I don’t know if I’m going to use this one in particular. But I have had this same idea bouncing around my head for a while now. Sampling nothing but people selling or promoting new gear. It’s a good idea

2 Likes

Go for it. Post it here so we see what you did!

When they demo the gear, there are some great playing involved, which I think Red Means Recording said is part of the deceptive nature of Synthfluencers getting you to buy.

1 Like

Actually, it’s still a part of this challenge if you use another video. This one is wide open, and even just the prompt idea is criteria enough.

Let me know the source, because I may try it out too.

Plus, people really benefit from having one place to hear a bunch of different takes on an idea.

I mean producing and the creative process alone.

1 Like

Here’s my go.

a KMFDM synth influenced mixup, in the spirit of this challenge it is a quick work in progress rough unmixed mess of sound
I probably won’t finish it because have to get on youtube real quick and buy my next synth
:wink: :musical_keyboard: :speaking_head: :magnet: :cyclone: :candy: :brain:

4 Likes

haha… this beat bangs!

The modulated vocal chops are nice!

Wait… that switchup is hard AF!

1 Like

I’m just realizing that I spent way too much time chopping the synth jam, when I could have just warped it in Logic.

I think I may do that to try to create the same thing I did on the 404, but on Mashine.

1 Like

Work smarter, huh!?!

1 Like

New challenge!

2 Likes

thanks for the inspiration! used it from todays jamuary, whipped this up quickly on the m8, havent listened on anything other than the m8 speakers so i hope its not too weird

7 Likes

It’s definitely weird compared to the source. But in a great way!

I’m so glad you liked this!

Heres my start!

6 Likes

I’m sorry. But this song goes so fucking hard!

I mean the original!

Cheers @BLKrbbt that was a really easy one to work with because of the breakdowns.

Everything is 100% from the Debbie track.

Pad is Debbie’s vocals through Pigments granular engine.
A bass sample from the bass breakdown with some drive and filtering and flanger and then the “No no” from the vocal breakdown run through a harmoniser and some Fragments granuliser and bit crushing for extra manglyness.

Had lots of fun with it :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Yo. Nice vibe!

I picked something with lots of space just to make it easy on us before the deadlines of the other battles.

Plus the original was produced so well.

I didn’t realize how good the extended cut was until I chopped it up.

You made good use of Pigments!

I may add some pigments myself to the more finished version of track I’m working on.

1 Like

@monquixote

I dig the vocals stabs. You gave Debbie some soul from working with her saccharine pop vocals.

Really good work. It’s glued together nicely too.

Yeah I had fun with the vocals it’s got a bit of Alter boy doing some 5ths and then Fragments insanity.

1 Like

I thought so!

Didn’t know the song really. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Got some drums and the vocal breakdown into the Octatrack and went to town. Synthstuff from the Digitone. Fun! :musical_note::+1::muscle:

7 Likes