HW DEALS : Hardware on Sale [no private listings]

That sounds awesome (and I love the P6). But Malevolent breaks apart in a way that only synths like it and MS-20/Polivoks can. Like the P6 is a wall of sound, Malevolent sounds like wall is crumbling down. Sounds awesome here (does a good job with Lorn cover in the beginning)

11 Likes

Same here. I was weak. I hope it’ll be waaaay better than my trusty tiny Abacus C-Box 3, 'cause I love 'em.

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful analogy and just cost me $499.

I’ve wanted it too long. Why compromise now?

Great video. Btw. I own a Maschine as well and it seems like too many coincidences plus your wonderful advice is making this the right time.

Plus. It’s a monster.

1 Like

I can’t imagine you’ll be disappointed! Especially since it’s not at all like your other two synths. And always nice to get a good deal.

1 Like

I also love the laser set up so you can very accurately find the correct position to be listening in too. A very handy thing!

1 Like

You are so right. Thank you for the encouragement.

I was lusting for this since Jack from Andertons demoed it. I even did a beat challenge based on it. I never fleshed it out but this is what I started with.

1 Like

Wow, that was awesome.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the deal is with Thomann USA? Right now on their site I see Akai MPC Live 2 listed for $900, and the MPC X listed for $1,499, which seem like insane deals, even factoring in $50 added for shipping. The Live 2 on Sweetwater and other places is listed at $1299. What’s the catch?

1 Like

The only “catch” is that you’ll probably (but not always it seems) have to pay an import tax for anything declared over $800 shipped to the US. Still Thomann and JunoUK are the best way to go for a lot of gear, especially European brands like Waldorf, Vermona, Soma, Nord etc, and some Japanese ones as well.

5 Likes

Thomann is uber legit, biggest retailer in Germany, most reliable one also and the best customer service on top.

You should email/call them and check re import duties, if it all sounds good go for it, they are very good.

5 Likes

It’s also often the case that Thomann are not allowed to sell specific brands in the US (Neumann, for one).

3 Likes

Usually anything by the Big Three (Korg/Roland/Yamaha) has gelocking where you are only supposed to be able to purchase with a local retailer.

Thomann’s prices do not include duties and will ship from Germany so factor that in to the final cost.

Yup. Pretty sure that when I tried to do this a couple months ago, Akai is one of the brands Thomann will not actually sell to the USA.

1 Like

Makes sense, seemed too good to be true.

Catch is you can’t return the gear unless you want to pay international shipping and go through that entire process. They do not have a US based warehouse to send returns to.

So if you buy from them, even though they rave about their return policy, it is not a great one for US buyers.

5 Likes

But apparently Juno will? @bangonadigi

4 Likes

Great price on that thing too. I have more MPCs than I have space for, but 830€ for this is a steal.

3 Likes

And remember if you contact Juno (you can use the Live Chat on their website) and ask, they will give you a further discount.

6 Likes

Yea, I ran into this problem. I got a syntakt from them, decided I didn’t like it and asked to return it, they said sure, but you have to provide the shipping. It would have cost hundreds to ship it back to Germany from the east coast.

2 Likes

US: MPC One is $660 at Amazon rn:

7 Likes