BLKrbbt's Beat Corner

Right…here’s a poke at BBC #2.
I still haven’t got to the sampling or audio file manipulation part of my Logic Pro training yet so there’s some pretty basic sample handling and audio clip manipulation.
Took just three samples…one at the beginning with drum and bass in the clear, one with some piano in the mix and one in the middle with vocals in the clear.
Sliced up the drums and created a few simple patterns, grabbed one bass note and then pitch-shifted it as needed and grabbed a few vocal bits and reversed them and layered on a bit of tape echo to hide the seams…

I’ve never tried embedding a SoundCloud link so sorry if this takes a few edits to get right…

6 Likes

Wow. That tape echo. It’s almost like a light phaser.

Seems like you’re making your way with chopping in Logic just fine.

Using Simpler?

Love the pitches down vocals. !

1 Like

The ‘No’ samples have a little flanger on them too.
I’m using quick sampler to chop up the drums into individual beat slices and then entering my sequence through the piano roll.
For everything else I just imported the audio clips and chopped them up manually.
I look forward to discovering the blindingly simple way to do this in Logic instead of my rather manual approach.
Back to my training manual…

1 Like

You will get more out of the manual approach… the easy way will come in time… I haven’t used the Sampler in Logic since I have hardware that I use… I’m afraid to go down that road, then I’ll feel like I’m wasting money on hardware…

1 Like

interest

Sorry mate I somehow completely missed you were doing this. I’m on board! Am I too late? I don’t think I’m too late. I’m gonna do it anyway and you can’t stop me!

1 Like

I never would try! Of course… the whole thing is relaxed and chill… the first reply in the thread has the title of the first one in case it interests you… you can submit whenever, right in the thread… at any time…

So glad you found it!

1 Like

I might start on something tonight but it’s a bit late already - definitely use the latest in somethign tomorrow that’s a really fun sample :metal: I’m tempted to do an AV submission as I had an instant idea for some video treatment…

2 Likes

I gotta warn you though, even though its a pop song from the 80’s… Debbie Gibson goes pretty hard with all the breakdowns in this version of the song! I was surprised when I was going through it…

AND I AM SO DOWN FOR SOME AV…

Did you see what @DimensionsTomorrow did in another thread? I’ll try to find it.

2 Likes

https://youtube.com/shorts/VW-cm7h0a8E?feature=share

Found it! He did a station ID type tag in Final Cut

@natehorn

2 Likes

oh

Good name for an album (and yea I chuckled when I saw you write that above haha)

Props to everyone for their submissions above, just listened to them all and as ever I feel Like I’m going to be bringing some potato salad to the buffet - I’ll season it as best as I can :slight_smile:

I don’t even care that @schoolbabyboy is double dipping on my likes that’s a serious banger…

2 Likes

She really is getting the BBC treatment

(BLKrbbt’s Beat Corner)

low hanging fruit

2 Likes

Ooooo, that’s kept a really nice 80s vibe about it…like it.

1 Like

Sorry… this is why I don’t get invited to parties

8 Likes

Love it!

I love all that cut up video stuff!

2 Likes

@sigint

Noticed you liked the post. Here is the thread for that.

Hope you enjoy!

1 Like

Yo. That’s dope.

I like Jane Fondas punk look! Haha

1 Like

I’m rewatching it and I realized that I need to save my chops and revisit the piano breakdown.

Could be a great house riff.

I’m going to expand on my Happy Hardcore beat first though.

But I gotta tell you, I’m getting burnt out on samples. Too much chopping and not enough just playing music.

I spent all day yesterday chopping up and arranging for both the HipHop and the DnB battles.

I’m in that weird spot where nothing sounds good. I’m afraid to listen back again because I liked where I was going with the Hip hop one, so I want to be all refreshed when I go at it again.

Today maybe just a chill day of playing the Syntakt through the 404 effects.

I’m going to multitrack into the external effects bus, get some Juno chorus on swarm.

It’s gonna be a crazy layout too. Midi keyboard into Syntakt, midi out to 404. Plus audio.

1 Like

Coming across this now. :older_man:
I wish that one day, in the not so distant future, Elektron/the mods could find it in their hearts to pin the briefs at the top of the forum page, so that more people could be aware of them.

Future feature request!

Dope finds on the samples! :beers:

2 Likes

I should have tagged you, but I didn’t want to pressure anyone for this challenge.

It’s all about the chill.

I really don’t mind this one being found on peoples own time, since there’s no deadlines.

It’s like a little jewel that finds you when you aren’t really looking.

Plus, people looking for challenges know where to go, and if enough activity is on the thread, it gets constantly bumped to the top.

Glad your here now though!

2 Likes