Black Octatrack MKII now shipping

ok, it has same matte finish as AE or digitakt
I am totally disappointed, hoped to see glossy. although matte will suit most of all

there are of course positive aspects: I will save money and space))

EDIT: why AE and black texture look different on site renders? regular black renders are more glossy, it reflects light in the same way as grey version

You actually want it to be glossy?? I canā€™t stand glossy black instruments; theyā€™re impossible to keep looking clean.

3 Likes

Put a Saran-Wrap on it.

Itā€™s tricky. The best examples are Modal Cobalt8 and Argon8. Their real colours are very different from what you see on the Net.

Or a few years of marking time issuing limited edition paint jobs of existing machines without the necessary cost, bother and risk of bringing anything new to the market. I for one canā€™t wait to get my hands on a pink-gold AR Mk2 or a Digitakt with see-through poly-carbonate sides (perhaps with mood-respondent interior disco-lights).

1 Like

This actually makes me like it more (still sticking with my gray mk2). I enjoy that textured finish of the DT/DN. The shiny finish (A4/AR) is nice, but almost toooo nice. haha.

Iā€™m not sure why the grumpiness over a bit of black paint. And anyway, Model:Cycles is not even a year old. Nothing new to market :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

To be fair, I would be right onto buying a polycarbonate sided Digitakt with interior disco lighting. Shameful as that is to admitā€¦

3 Likes

Why they develop not an OT 2?

Dunno. I donā€™t work for them. Maybe something even better is being prepared :crossed_fingers:

And anyway, my original point still stands. Making extra money from a 10-year-old machine can now be used to develop products for the future. Everyone wins.

6 Likes

And expose to a new Generation of producers the real deal.

4 Likes

I expected same texture type as on grey. I owned grey octatrack and have no problems with finger marks or something. Also my black RYTM looks clean)

1 Like

Octatrack Black II is a win win product

It allows Elektron to continue to have a regular cash flow without big investment and extra costs

This is still a pandemic year, Businesses will not launch new products easily and burn cash for investment.

This is the year you want to have your cash flow under scrutiny.

At Namm there was nothing new announced, just a couple from Korg which most probably were products developed pre-covid era

1 Like

Anyone on the fence about buying one, whether Grey, White, Black Or Pink buy one :slight_smile: It radically changes the way you think about music. The Shift Paradigm will get you out of any musical rut or sinkhole. It may never lead you to Valhalla, but its an experience everyone should try at least once in their lifetime.

2 Likes

personally Iā€™d much rather them be conservative during these times and stay afloat, rather than risk bringing new products to market and potentially go under just because internet trolls think theyā€™re owed new goodies every year.

2 Likes

Heres a good one. Sample your nagging wife or girlfriend going mad at you for spending too much money on electronic stuff. You know the score. Now put the sample into the Octatrack, mangle it a bit with LFOā€™s FX and scene changes etc. etc. And out the other End it says.

ā€œI love you darling, spend the money as you have my blessingsā€.

In my case it will take a lot of mangling but im sure doable in the OT. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

reminds me of this tactic:

Everybody would love a new FX box in the Digi format NOW! Even the internet trolls! Well only if you canā€™t p-lock like on the AH! Well, thenā€¦ I hope god is with Elektron!!

10 Likes

seems elektron is following disneyā€™s road map for product development

2 Likes

For sure. Canā€™t wait for the Octatrack ā€œStar Wars: Boba Fettā€ Edition in 2025

4 Likes

lol nope, more like a live-action-snow-white edition. comes with a manual this time, BUT IN YELLOW. i find your lack of GAS disturbing

Or nagging boyfriend and husband!

6 Likes