Black Octatrack MKII now shipping

The black Octatrack MKII is now available to order from our webshop!

With a new black casing, plus a refreshed print design, this gives you more Octa options when picking which version of the dynamic performance sampler to bring into your setup.

Check it out on YouTube.

Find out more about the Octatrack MKII.

The original MKII gray, and the black Octatrack are both available from Elektron.se or online/local retailers carrying Elektron products.

Octatrack MKII is available for 1399 USD/1399 EUR.

Demand for the black Octatrack MKII has been very high. If it’s currently shown as out of stock, please check back in later as we will continuously replenish stock.

11 Likes

Wish it came with the red buttons but sleek as hell nonetheless

1 Like

Looks great :heart_eyes:

A classic never goes out of style!

ooooh gotta restrict my GASSSSSSS

1 Like

Looks like: NOISE!

It will fit perfectly next to my digitakt :slight_smile:

Looks amazing! It’s perfect. And I’m sure it’ll boost sales. All the waiting around for it to drop cooled my interest tho. Maybe in a few months.

Side point

The amount of effort on this:

:joy::sweat_smile::cry:

5 Likes

I bought the grey version couple of weeks ago as i was afraid there would be soon only the knight rider version out there :joy:

4 Likes

Guess I am looking for the right place to ask: do you plan selling the black faceplate (and/or the whole black case) as spare parts? That would be very nice.

1 Like

Hmmm please help temper my GAS
I have a black RYTM and A4… do I need the octatrack?

What am I truly missing out on? don’t work that much with long samples…and with my A4 I can already sequence two external synths…so perhaps not much benefit from the octa?
or am I mistaken?

2 Likes

That’s just GAS. If you’ve never expressed interest in the OT before, there’s no need to get one just because a new shiny version has come out. Chill.

11 Likes

OT’s MIDI sequencer is a bit more full featured. With more than just note/velocity/probability.
OT can sequence CC#s, and send 24 MIDI LFOs. And the tracks are dedicated (you don’t have to repurpose them from the audio tracks, like the synth/cv/fx tracks on the A4) so you have 16 total tracks (8 audio + 8 MIDI)

This.

4 Likes

Thanks guys, I have been contemplating on the OT before, so its not only the shiny colour haha.

that said; I fear the so told complexity of the OT. I can see how having 8 midi tracks and being able to send LFO’s can be of great benefit in more complex setups. However, since my dawless setup currently consists of only 2 external synths next to A4/Rytm (juno and dreadbox typhon) I think i’m probably good for the time being ;-)!

2 Likes

So I pre-ordered one of these when Elektron announced it with the Anniversary Edition, only to cancel it a few days back when someone in Toronto was willing to sell me an AE for $2,500 CAD.

Well, I think he must have done his research before I was set to pick it up because he ghosted me (probably took a look on Reverb and saw what they were going for).

So, all that to say I re-placed my pre-order this morning, and am excited to (finally!) set it up with my A4 and AR MKIIs.

2 Likes

Late Valentine’s Day gift? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

As tempting as it is, I’m sticking with my two OG MK1s with the textured finish.

But I am super happy to see so many people wanting to grab the Black MK2.
It is ultra slick, and who wouldn’t want one? The OT is still amazing.

2 Likes

It really is. And the longer I wait for the backordered MPC One to ship, the easier it is to convince myself to get a second OT. But I have OT OCD, so I’d have to get a grey one!

1 Like

Or, hear me out on this, you get the black, and I trade you my Grey.
“Wow, great idea!”
Well thank you.

1 Like

Got the AE but this one looks fantastic too !

Just here to say I got the AE too. :smiley:

1 Like