Black Octatrack MKII now shipping

Hi,

I decided to get the OT. I wanted to do it now, but started to wonder whether it’s worth to wait a bit for the price to drop a bit. Now price in Thomann (Germany) for the black one is 1350 Euro. I regard this a bit high and think 1200 or 1250 is a fair one. Do you think it will drop anytime soon, or just ignore it and feed GAS now?

And the last question: black or gray? I’m not totally happy with either color, not unhappy though. If I were be designer OT would be sold in: black, yellow, forest green and burgundy.

But we have what we have.

Screenshot_2021-02-22 Elektron Octatrack MKII ab 1 245,00 € Preisvergleich bei idealo de

PS: plot is from Idealo https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/5641865_-octatrack-mkii-elektron.html

Due to the Pandemic and supply shortages everywhere I dont think prices will drop. Worst case is that they will rise. Many stuff is out of stock and in high demand so prices go up.

You could wait a bit in case B-stock units turn up on the thomann website, it’s a bit of a gamble though. I got all my elektrons significantly cheaper as B-stock units from thomann and they were all basically as new (although my DN had some of the worst patterns I’ve ever heard in a new project, good thing the previous owner returned it before hurting someone).

6 Likes

Outrageous!!! Then I don’t know whether I’m ready to risk ;->

1 Like

add a cremacaffe OT skin and it’s steal

my 2020/21 GAS purchases would floor you all if I listed them in detail!!!

Interesting, tht the price difference between Germany and the UK is approx 200 Euros in favor of the later:

That’s ex vat. Add 20% to that price.

3 Likes

AAA stupid me. I wanted it so badly to be true, that I missed this information. Many thanks.

1 Like

I think audiosolutions has the best price in France

last month they had a black A4 going for 1200 euros, I was going to buy it but was a bit skeptical as they wrote there - 'item is in stock since 2017 (the black a4 was only out last year), so asked them if it was black or grey. the next day they increased the price by 100 euros…

Yep audiosolutions have the best price in EU when you are in France. But yeah the website is not the best.
The team is really cool, they answer quickly by mail or telephone.

1 Like

they just effectively re-booted the machine. it’s unlikely to have an official price drop for some time, I’d say. MAYBE the gray version will drop if they decide to phase it out (totally possible). or you can watch out for a B-stock from a retailer or second-hand one here/your favorite re-sale site. I have seen a bunch of gray ones on Reverb lately; people switching to black I think…

I would add though that if you’re after one, think it’s something your setup needs, and you have time now to work with it, then maybe the 10% or so you’ll save waiting for any potential B-stock or price drop may/may not be worth that extra time spent with it. your call.

Somone needs to rework Fatboy Slims 303 track to an Octa version.

1 Like

Whay are your preferences? Gray or Black?

To be honest, both look good. Not amazing, not terrible ;->

Must say… just got it in…quite sexy

15 Likes

https://youtu.be/XfcaTZebx9Q

5 Likes

@Unifono I just posted it in High Profile OT user topic, just after I saw it in a French forum…:wink:

1 Like

would deserve its own thread as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s with the UP ARROW + PAGE combo?

FILL activation, for FILL trig conditions.
I previously answered to the same question in the French forum! :wink:
You can also use one shot trigs to do so.

4 Likes