Bitwig and OverBridge

I want bitwig.

2 Likes

Yes it does. But it should be better when the next version of OB will be release

Reply for @Dream-Synthesizer who asked : Does Bitwig and Overbridge play nice on Mac?
(The thread created was moved to this appropriate primary thread)

1 Like

Great :slight_smile: Thank you. I have enjoyed studio one. But Bitwig seems intuitive as well and it will play much nicer with modular and has MPE support for a Seaboard.

2 Likes

Bitwig is awesome and Iā€™ve had no trouble with Overbridge or sync/timing.

There is definitely a learning curve with the built in synths/effects as a lot of the typical hard wired things you would expect to have, now have to be set up manually. Eg: I was using the sampler the other day and wanted the filter to track with the keyboard, to do this I had to construct that flow with the key track modulator.

Itā€™s very open ended in that senseā€¦ and is as close to a modular workflow as you can get in a DAW environment. Might not be for everyone though.

2 Likes

yes itā€™s their reply to Ableton Live + Max for Live
Probably not as powerful as Max anyway itā€™s very welcome additions ā€¦

I have been trying to set up bitwig with my Analog Rytm with no success. I canā€™t figure out how to set up the audio inputs so that I can still use my other audio interface at the same time.

The plugin and Rytm are communicating and the OB-panel is getting sound. But I need to bring it into the DAW. Is there a step by step guide to get it up and running somewhere?

I tried Willā€™s template but it didnā€™t workā€¦

Please assume that Iā€™m a noob. I am brand new to bitwig, and really not that experienced with overbridge either.

Exactly the same here. 59ms latency in Bitwig. Waiting for the final overbridge to show some improvements. If not I will sell and never by Elektron again.

I havent tried Bitwig yet but Overbridge 2.0 Beta is very stable in Studio One 4 for me. Early days though.

This was just a frustration cry-out after spending an hour without luck ā€¦ still very patient though !

Have you tried the Beta 2.0?

Just curious how everyone is getting individual outs to work with Bitwig and the Digitakt.

Trying to use the DT as an interface doesnā€™t work for sound, but I was able to get audio using the OB plugin and the Audio Receiver plugin in Bitwig, but the problem there is that when I record the audio, I canā€™t play it back since the Audio Receiver plugin is in the way.

I also tried the straightforward way of setting the inputs of tracks to the outputs of the plugin (e.g. the chains), but got nothing that way.

Any tips/tricks on getting this to work?

On the instrument panel, if you havenā€™t already select the tiny two way arrow on the top next to the sidechain button, and create missing chains. You will also need to enable the outputs in the overbridge control panel application.

Create a new audio track ctrl+shift+t, then on the left hand details bar, you can select your Digitakt output as the input to the channel. arm it, press record, and play, it should do the thing. By default, the instrument channels will only record midi and automation. You could also make it a hybrid track, but then you canā€™t have audio overlayed with midi (as far as I know). I feel like the second track helps keep things simple.

As a bonus, you can group it with the instrument track to keep it tidy, and even set up effects on the group channel which can apply to either recorded audio or live audio, nondestructively.

2 Likes

YES people missing that every time in VST configuration with multiple outputs

2 Likes

i created the missing chains, but for whatever reason, i was unable to get sound coming when i directly fed those channels to their respective audio track. the only way i was able to get sound was using the ā€œaudio receiverā€ in bitwigā€™s toolset. while that worked, when i wanted to play what i had recorded, i needed to turn off the audio receiver to hear.

the OB control panel looked all good to me. anyhoo, iā€™ll give it another go.
(fingers crossed itā€™s a user error).

i will try tomorrow and let you know :wink:

1 Like

just gave it a whirl again and iā€™m only ever able to get the master to come through. i add the missing chains and then try to select them for another audio track, and nothing.

as far as the OB control panel is concerned, i see audio chugging along just fine.

so i canā€™t get audio to come from the missing chains, but if i choose the audio receiver and select those missing chain channels, sound comes through the track.

38%20PM 17%20PM

1 Like

You should open a ticket to help them in the beta stage then :stuck_out_tongue: but they said Ableton Liveā€¦ other DAW will follow so itā€™s possible thereā€™s a problem here with OB > < BITWIG

1 Like

Weird. that sucks thatā€™s itā€™s not doing the thing for you. I did have a few times where it would stop sending audio through to bitwig, or it would come through super sample reduced (which sounded rad, but not right), and I fixed it by changing my audio interface to WDM and back to ASIO, but my MOTU interface is a bit wiggy. Your milage may vary though. Also, I should mention that I was using RYTM v1 rather than Digitakt, but in theory they should both work the same.

1 Like

@polite_society ah, iā€™m on OS Xā€¦so maybe thatā€™s it.

@William_WiLD i put a ticket in a few days ago, though not expecting to hear back with NAAM going on now.

Ah, yeah, Iā€™m no help then. It looks correctly set up to me, but sometimes these setups require a dash of voodoo to work properly.