Bitwig and OverBridge

Anyone has been able to record via OverBridge on Bitwig ?
Not sure if the problem is Bitwig or the pugin.
I created an audio track and i record from the plugin Analog4 out.
Latency compensation is enabled and the a4 is synchronized to the host.
Im not sure if the problem is latency or bad synchro but timing is wrong.
There seams to be latency or bad syncro.

I will try without using the sequencer from the A4

What have you selected to have the sound from the A4/AK? The OB control panel shows the lvl of the sound from my A4, but in Bitwig I got no sound at all.

I havenā€™t had much luck getting it working

I installed the latetst versions of OB and A4-OS yesterday evening.

I used the midi-clock-device to send the clock to the A4 and tested all buffer sizes on the OB-VST. Best results were at 128, the syncing runs nice for a longer time on an existing pattern. Editing the pattern while the sequencer is running causes a loss of the audio signal on this track. It appears again after restarting the pattern.

So far i couldnā€™t recognize any problems with latency. I suspect the jitter of the DAW-clock responsible for running out of sync.

@Bitwig: Very nice, the TI-plugin runs properly even with audio over USB - and in sync with the A4 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Itā€™s working well for me, but I am having trouble playing a track other than the first one. I presume itā€™s because the tracks in my Analog Four are on different Midi Channels? If thatā€™s the case then I am not sure how to get the channels mapped with bitwig.

ā€¦you have to route channels 2-4 to the plug-in, channel 1 is the plug-in itself.

right hand sight you will find the number of of channel, you can leave the A4 defaults 1-4.

When recording audio from Overbridge with Bitwig its never on the grid.
Latency compensation is turned on. As you can see, i have created an audio track with its input set to the A4 vst instrument.
The first track is playing a simple midi sequence.

Using this free plugin from Voxengo : http://www.voxengo.com/product/latencydelay/

I was able to get everything in sync with Ā± 17 ms not reported by the plugin.

Setting the latency below 128 cause this problem, should have read the manual cause it said setting the latency from the output soundcard below 128 sample may cause problems.

@TheDiePie - Do I do that from a separate track and then set the midi channel somehow? Not in front of everything to test right nowā€¦

itā€™s similar to Live: one tracks hosts the VST, the other (three) route their midi (channel) to this track. In these tracks the option ā€˜pluginā€™ appears on the lowest end of a scroll-down list. Once chosen, a little box for the channel number appearsā€¦

Thank you so much! Most helpful

Yhea thank you very much, i didnt know you could do that. I was using the external instrument device to send midi to different channel.

Edit: Damn i really like Bitwig, really like the workflow its so much better for me than Ableton.

nice! :joy: @tmc3

@SP: well, you could be right, Bitwig seems to become the better Live, even in this early versions :wink:

Bitwig 1.2 beta is out and it looks amazing !

Iā€™m not getting the Audio inputs to show up, like I am in LIVE. Am I missing something here?

Anybody have any advice on how to send midi to your elektron unit for each track? It seems like it only sends midi to midi channel 1. Itā€™s especially become difficult when using both Analog Keys and Analog Rytm. A lot of the time it seems that when i play the keys I am also playing pads on the Analog Rytm.

1- Create a track with the Elektron VST.
2-Create a second track as an instrument track
3-Set the output of the newly created instrument track to : plug-ins -> analog 4 / analog Rytm
5- After you can select the midi channel you wanna use. (see image)

1 Like

So you have to create an additional ā€œinstrumentā€ for each midi channel you wanna sequence. See the image bottom left.
Hope thats help.

Cheers

1 Like