Best microphone for portable Digitakt setup

Apologies, it’s the M3! I never used it with the DT when I had one, but I imagine you’d need extra gain because the DT doesn’t provide very much on the thru channel.

Haven’t used Rode M3 either but I tried AKG C1000s MKIV, that is kind of similar but the signal was way too weak for Digi :no_mouth:

any mic w/out an active mic preamp section will sound like garbage going into DT’s inputs.

though one man’s trash is an other’s treasure…

1 Like

Interested in the Zoom H6. Do you record audio from the DT in the H6 with a TRS cable? And doing multi track and overdubbing?

I record dn+dt + virus ti2 in the zoom h6 yes, works just fine for me… I put the level between -6 -12 and if needed adjust/normalise in logic… After few months am still happy and surprised by the quality of this little recorder… I also record sounds here and there, very handy…

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Do you multi track and overdub with the H6. I am interested in that.

Yes you can do that as well, works just fine… I did it a few times… You won’t get lost, the manual is well made, zoom is very easy to manipulate, nothing negative to say, really

2 Likes

Do you know what the difference is between the H5 and the H6? I know the H6 has more inputs and a color screen, but what is the difference in case of multi track and overdub?

Never had the h5 in hand, sorry…

1 Like

H6 has six inputs against 4(?) on H5.

I know, read the second sentence after my question…

H6 can do 6 tracks simultaneously the h5 can do 4. H6 has more extensive editing features.

1 Like

Can you tell me what those ‘more extensive editing features’ are on the H6?

via google

https://deberney.com/zoom-h5-vs-zoom-h6

1 Like

my mic worked without preamp

can I ask, what kind of mic you were using?

1 Like

shure sm 58 or something like that
the cheap classic if i recall correctly

was super surprised i could use that without pre amp

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Necro-bumping this as I want to see if anyone can recommend a microphone (or sampler with live monitor) to work with vocals.

Currently I have a decent mic, but I need to use a separate phantom power unit, plus a pre-amp to get it to line level. I am currently routing this through the DT, and it works really well.
It’s just a lot of stuff to drag out when I need to do vocals, and I can’t fit it in my current case.

What I really want is a decent small mic that I can plug straight into the DT (Left Input) which allows me to pass it to my DAW and record any length, or sample directly into the DT. My goal would be to have it in my case, so that I always have it on hand.

The other alternative would be to get a Zoom or Tascam audio recorder with live monitoring (which I would send to the Left In on the DT). I have not tried one for vocals, but the examples I have heard from it sound great.

Best regards,

Gino

1 Like

I use a voice recorder and hook the line out into the DT. Not quite the same as a live mic but it works well enough for me

1 Like

Makes sense. That’s the same workflow I do with my my phone, except a voice recorder will probably give better quality.

And if it’s good enough for Mr Mech, and now you, it should be plenty fine for me :slight_smile:

1 Like