Fantastic laboratory sounds: Sample flipping tutorial

Hope you all have a grand Easter :slight_smile:
Here’s my latest tutorial on sample flipping. This time I went to a laboratory to record sounds. Very cool machinery and other nifty sounds. After the recording session I show in detail how I used and mangled the samples in one of my grooves of my live set.

https://youtu.be/sQXpCs2H580

Hope you enjoy this more tutorialesque approach on these sampling videos. If you have any questions let me know. Or maybe ideas what to sample next? :slight_smile:

Cheers!

10 Likes

Great stuff, I really enjoy your videos.

I’m envious that you have 16 tracks of DT goodness, plus friends that can get you into facilities that measure nuclear acid :slight_smile:

If I had a question it would be about sampling in the field. I see you are using tascam gear, and I’m currently using my phone. Is it a big difference?

Best regards,

Gino

1 Like

Hi Gino,

Glad you enjoy the vids. I actually went back to using each digitakt separately haha. The new routing I tried out turned to be to much of a hastle to keep track of everything. It took away from the quickness of the workflow I had in mind for this setup.

Recording with a phone works okay. The Tascam recording quality is a whole lot better though. Much better bass frequency recordings and higher overall quality. It’s fairly cheap too.

Cheers

1 Like