Best hardware midi arpeggiator

The Digitakt is already set up this way (Manual, 8.4 MIDI Notes, second paragraph). It’s the Launchkey that has to be configured so that the pads send these notes.

3 Likes

Cheap and cheerful and Open Source…

1 Like

One that I have bookmarked (do not own one): Akin to the NDLR I think.

EDIT: (Forum thread here)

1 Like

MicroFreak also has randomisation parameters (‘spice’ and ‘dice’)

1 Like

Another option, just out on Kickstarter.
SyncArp

Here’s an article in Sonic State.

It’s around $200 USD through KS, and promise for September this year.

1 Like

I have an NDLR and fir what it’s worth it’s one of the most fun sequencers I’ve used. It’s basically basically music theory in a box. You can sequence really fun jams with it with simple button pushes. It dials things theory wise that would be very difficult to program in a sequencer considering all the chord shapes and variations you get.

I can post a demo of mine but don’t want to spam the thread if you’re not interested. If you’d like to see it let me know. Just a simple jam w the NDLR as brain.

5 Likes

Can vouch for that as well :slight_smile:
Gives a lot of time working on sound design while playing the ARPs.
Polychaining is to be taken into account as well :wink: as it allows 3 (or 4… not in front of it now…) synths to play the pads.

3 Likes

I’d love to see that, yes.

For the record, I purchased a Novation Launchkey Mk3 49 and the Arp section is pretty awesome! The Mutate and Deviate features are great for coming up with interesting variations (both melodic and rhytmic).

2 Likes

I don’t know how mutate and deviate vary across the novation product line, but there’s plenty of fun to be had with the version in the LaunchKey mini mk3. (sub £100)

EDIT: Obviously it does not in any way compete with the T|so T-1 or the NDLR.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like anyone’s mentioned the Squarp Pyramid yet, so I’ll throw it into the ring. You benefit from having a ‘proper’ keyboard of some kind hooked up to it, but the Arp effect is quite extensive (18 pattern types including rarities like a drunken walk and bouncing ball) and can be paired up with the other MIDI effects in a lot of interesting ways - scales, chords, randomization and chance, note to CC, and more besides.

I think the Monomachines arp is pretty cool!

2 Likes

I think it’s the exact same feature set on the Mini version as well, they’re super fun! But of course it’s a totally different beast than those hardware sequencers, I’m very curious about those 2 and the Oxy One as well…

1 Like