Best controller for OT for live?

Nice. Checked the video and seems like a great fit.

Hello all!

I just developed a mapping for the OT with Midifighter Twister for external control.
Find the mapping https://www.elektronauts.com/files/524
The mapping tries to bring most important functions together.
Two home base pages…

• One to control basic active track param and all Volumes
  • One for other Gear (Deluge here)
    Two more pages to control OT Triggers and track params
    Documentation is included!
7 Likes

I´m going to try the 16n Faderbank, I wish there were a project like this with motorised faders and a button to send CC61. If anyone can do it, we would love it.

3 Likes

Helo all!

Here is an updated documentation for the midifighter mapping. I’m still working on it.
link removed find below post with valid link
Would be interested in some discussion :slight_smile:

1 Like

@qlamerand?

I still have my Launchpad mk2 and started to work on something a while ago but I’d say the best OT controller is an iPad, with the Manifold app from @mekohler or Lemur with an OT template.
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/manifold-for-the-octatrack-ios-app/52874/53

2 Likes

I have an 500 internal server error when using your link.
Would like to try your mapping :wink:

Got one but didn’t map it yet for the OT and the rest of my setup. I have to reorganize my gear first.
Will share my template when it will be done. The LPP mk3 seems very capable :wink:

I’d like a LPP but it is pretty big…
The LP Mini Mk3 seems interesting too!
@darenager could you talk about it?

Sure, its alright, no velocity, 3 user setups which can be mapped to note, cc fader (x or y axis), cc button with option for on off values and latching or momentary. Obviously to use with OT you need a host, my intention was to use it with Axoloti (acting as host) and presets on Axoloti to expand use of LP mini, but I have not gotten around to it yet.

1 Like

You’re right but not enough custom pages with the mini for my setup.

Maybe 3 custom pages will be enough just for the OT

1 Like

Hello Enthalpi!

please try this link:
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/526

1 Like

Thanks ! Will try it :wink:

I have a Faderfox EC4 for some months now. It is really a fantastic controller. Because it is so compact and versatile, I bring it with me all the time. I use it to control my DAW, Axoloti, some PD patches, etc. The UI is very good for organising and naming any parameters. The structure with setups/groups makes it possible to store your parameters for any devices and quickly copy/paste them depending on your current set. You can also use the web interface offline. Most of the time I stick to the EC4 GUI, and the web interface only when I have to edit a lot of parameters at the same time.
I used to have an Evolution UC33. It was a great controller but I never used it, mainly because I always change the assignations and can’t label it properly. With the EC4 there is also the possibility to use 14 bits midi information. Very usefull for precise parameters (osc/filters) but not for the Octatrack.

3 Likes

My post made it look like I had not got around to using it at all, what I meant was not used it with Axoloti, the idea being having a standard layout on LP which can be remapped in Axoloti. I have used it with a USB host with OT (I made a OT template to download in files area) and it works very well for that.

1 Like

I want to try FaderFox mx12)

1 Like

I’m also interested in, because next to OT, you got the same width as DT+DN.
OCD…

2 Likes

I think one thing That the UC4 had over alot if controllers is That you can program it on the device itself without the need of a computer… for me this is very valuable

1 Like

EC4 can be programmed too, no?

Yes!

1 Like