Best controller for OT for live?

Got one but didn’t map it yet for the OT and the rest of my setup. I have to reorganize my gear first.
Will share my template when it will be done. The LPP mk3 seems very capable :wink:

I’d like a LPP but it is pretty big…
The LP Mini Mk3 seems interesting too!
@darenager could you talk about it?

Sure, its alright, no velocity, 3 user setups which can be mapped to note, cc fader (x or y axis), cc button with option for on off values and latching or momentary. Obviously to use with OT you need a host, my intention was to use it with Axoloti (acting as host) and presets on Axoloti to expand use of LP mini, but I have not gotten around to it yet.

1 Like

You’re right but not enough custom pages with the mini for my setup.

Maybe 3 custom pages will be enough just for the OT

1 Like

Hello Enthalpi!

please try this link:
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/526

1 Like

Thanks ! Will try it :wink:

I have a Faderfox EC4 for some months now. It is really a fantastic controller. Because it is so compact and versatile, I bring it with me all the time. I use it to control my DAW, Axoloti, some PD patches, etc. The UI is very good for organising and naming any parameters. The structure with setups/groups makes it possible to store your parameters for any devices and quickly copy/paste them depending on your current set. You can also use the web interface offline. Most of the time I stick to the EC4 GUI, and the web interface only when I have to edit a lot of parameters at the same time.
I used to have an Evolution UC33. It was a great controller but I never used it, mainly because I always change the assignations and can’t label it properly. With the EC4 there is also the possibility to use 14 bits midi information. Very usefull for precise parameters (osc/filters) but not for the Octatrack.

3 Likes

My post made it look like I had not got around to using it at all, what I meant was not used it with Axoloti, the idea being having a standard layout on LP which can be remapped in Axoloti. I have used it with a USB host with OT (I made a OT template to download in files area) and it works very well for that.

1 Like

I want to try FaderFox mx12)

1 Like

I’m also interested in, because next to OT, you got the same width as DT+DN.
OCD…

2 Likes

I think one thing That the UC4 had over alot if controllers is That you can program it on the device itself without the need of a computer… for me this is very valuable

1 Like

EC4 can be programmed too, no?

Yes!

1 Like

Of course, it can directly programmed on the device (midi learn is supported, too) and the WebGUI on the faderfox website works also flawlessly when you want to change a lot of parameters at once. IMHO it’s one of the most versatile controllers. Loving it (I use it with the OT, A4 and also on the PC for Pure Data patches and similar).

1 Like

This is the answer:

Same dimensions as OT, iiuc. Jacks on the right so you can set it directly in front.

2 Likes

Yes)
Also, I think faders are much playable than knobs.

2 Likes

+++

The EC4 is a delight to use. It completely takes away the hassle of labeling and remembering sub-bank assignment and stuff like that.
I’m not using it with the OT yet ( planning to ) but I assigned hundred of parameters for vsts and live ( sends, effects, routings etc ) and it’s quite awesome
It’s a remarkable piece of hardware, well built and easy to program . Straight to the point. No bullshit here.

5 Likes

would this work with a USB midi controller such as the korg nanoKontrol2?

I don’t think so. How would you plug it?

Btw Iconnectmidi2+ can’t be used used as Usb Host either. Iconnectmidi4+ can.

I’d also check Retrokits RK005 and RK006.

It could be doable using some ucapps.de module, I built a couple midicontrollers using that platform in 2008 and 2011.
PM me to have a look and think about it. :wink: