Behringer WING

Pretty nice mixer. Overkill for what I do, but i can see many places for this. Hearing how the sound is would be interesting. Would like to hear all the plugins and the filters.

well for 48 IO over USB 2 this opens up a giant market for those who dont want to pay UAD crazy prices for low number count IO and DSP plugins… and stupidly not making the UAD Console hardware controllable.

1 Like

The full name on the front is:
WING%20PMC

I take it from the Personal that Beringer is intending (at least in part) for this to be used by individuals, perhaps advanced ones, and not necessarily by organizations and studios and bands. That certainly would help get the sales volume up, which Behringer needs to make this pay.

That’s an awful lot of inputs and outputs for your average home synth studio. But then again if it’s a “Behringer” studio you might be able to afford a boat load of synths (like polychained Neutrons) and assorted gear. And then with your own Personal WING instead of always plugging and unplugging various gear, you just plug it all in and fade stuff in and out as you please and use all the built in effects and flexibly output to various outboard effects, and move these setups very fluidly, almost at the drop of a hat. Even with a Eurorack rat nest (Euro-rat-nest ?) you could use all these inputs and outputs pretty flexibly.

Sure it still costs plenty, but at this price it’s feasible (at least for some people) rather than pure pipe-dream.

But then again maybe that’s all overkill, and you use a smaller mixer (digital or not) as for instance the Behringer XR18, and keep plugging?

4 Likes

In this scenario it’s a weird move that it only has 8 analog inputs. Was probably necessary to keep the price down. For live use it’s pretty standard that digital mixers are used with a stagebox. I estimate many studio users will also need to expand the available inputs, adding to the cost.

2 Likes

I though it was 48x48 and you are right its only 8x8 and maybe another 8 if you count the aux’s. Now that kinda sucks at this price point.

Where would they put 96 XLR sockets on a slim box like that? :wink:

Wondering if a rack version will be appearing. I wouldn’t need faders if it was controllable over the daw.

Isn´t it standard to connect with a stagebox or other rack equipment with a desk like this? I can´t imagine a scenario where I need more than 8 inputs on the desk itself. This is clearly designed for stage use or to be installed in theatres.

3 Likes

hope it’s got tempo sync on the under-chassis LEDs

1 Like

DB25 connections

It has AES50 though :+1:

1 Like

I am not an expert regarding digital mixers, but I find the idea of logically separating the set-up of “sources” (up to 400 that can be saved with their respective parameters) from their actual, flexible “channel” assignments extremely useful.

1 Like

Pardon the ignorant question, but how would you, if possible, use it as an audio interface for a computer on stage while the desk is in the room ?

I’ve queued up this video, Behringer shows an engineering sample of a future Behringer 8 x 8 siderack breakout box with StageConnect for more audio connections.

Thanks a lot. That’s really super interesting.

just 8 analogue inputs? With all that empty space sitting under those wings you still need to buy a Midas DL16 or DL32 rack box to actually use it correctly. Kind of pointless really.

get a life. get a Stagebox.

:nerd_face:

the back of an Allen & Heath Qu-32 Digital Mixer

And it’s $500 dollars less.

If you’re interested a more detailed breakdown comparison of these two is in order. I haven’t done one yet, the Behringer WING must out compete in features.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! After watching that sweetwater video, I’m having serious GAS over the wing. Anyone want to buy my SQ5? :wink:

1 Like

Just curious if anyone here ended up getting or even using one of these? If so, any thoughts?