Behringer WING

thought the same some days ago…

even behringer could bring up something with all clones connected to one WING console

i would love to see that setup

Curious too. I have no Behringer stuff at the moment, always walked around it, but to be honest, I’m quite impressed by the Wing. I think has a very impressive feature/user-friendliness/price ratio. Currently I’m constantly running out of channels, so I was actually looking towards Zoom L-20 (I use Zoom L-12 at the moment for the main part of my gear), but this Wing seems way out that leage (in a positive way). So does the price, I know, but still… Wing seems to be on top of my list now.

Other option for me: Presonus Studiolive 64S III (bit more expensive - other workflow)

1 Like

Looks great but there’s not a lot of analog I/o out of the box compared to say the x32. You will need to purchase additional AES boxes to use all those channels! Also 48KHz max sampling rate may be an issue for some (perfectly happy with 44.1 on my X32 compact though).

1 Like

I dithered between the X32 and the Presonus 32. This was pre-Wing. Went with the Presonus as I’d just started using Studio One. No regrets here.

1 Like

I agree actually, and it’s HUGE. So for foot print / desk space matters, I’m starting considering the X32 compact too now. And I will use 2x SD8 or 1x SD16, which would drastically decrease the number of cables, I guess. But first focus: which one to choose ? Strangely enough, I was very happy with the L-12, but … :slight_smile:

Given the choice between the X32-C and the wing… I’d get an Sq-5. Seriously, it’s worth looking at both A&H and Presonus here. The wing is nice, but it’s not all that.

1 Like

Checking them all at the moment :grin:, Presonus studiolive 32sc in pole position at the moment.

2 Likes

Sounds brilliant also with the integration in Studio Live. SQ series cost the same, with lesser channels. I have the QuPac and satisfied with it, but it seems the Presonus is more bang for the buck.

1 Like

Fewer inputs natively on the SQ5, but up to 48 mix channels vs 40 if you add a stagebox, plus the ability to add inserts and direct outs on every channel, twice as many effects engines, and Dante or Madi expansions. That said, they’re both really solid. (I’ve got an sq6)

1 Like

48 stereo channels and 16 busses is very tempting. I’ve run out of mix channels on my x32 compact. Just wish they sold even more affordable stage boxes without the preamps for all of us electronic producers.