Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

If I have an A4 MK2, is it worth getting the TD-3? Or can A4 easily emulate that sound?

I’d buy a td3 if you have the cash. £130 inc shipping is pretty good.
It’s just so much easier than setting up a sound / sequence / programming parameter locks … and part of the 303 sound is due to how you have to program it.

You can still use a4 fx and use midi if you need to.

1 Like

Many mods seem to make it more aggressive. I tend to prefer clean but I’m sure a few mods on my black one could sound nice.

I just need to see what components I have lay around.

I noticed Thomann had all colours in stock yesterday , inc urine yellow ( actually looks more orange than initial pictures ).

It’s definitely bright yellow :rofl:

I have both. The A4 can, and it can’t. It can do acid, but not like the TD-3.

1 Like

That’s a question for a separate topic/s, and a question of how close you want the emulation to be:

3 Likes

Just wondering if there’s a multi psu for powering x5 TD-3? I seen a one for the Roland Boutique’s where 1 usb cable can power 5 of them, Is there something similar if you have x5 TD-3’s.
Asking as I’m running out of sockets here.

Cheers

Something like this would do the trick: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/mxr-dc-brick-power-supply/h93726000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlN32BRCCARIsADZ-J4sIYDD60MAucWDHeIM2ib7VDl6pT7SzKFcV1A0zCwvaG2CO7kbu-1YaAj03EALw_wcB

There’s way cheaper one’s available too, and more expensive (Strymon makes one)… I checked the current ratings on the MXR and its fine. You need 9V center negative. The plug on the TD looks different than the standard BOSS plug, but they appear to be interchangeable.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot mate :+1:

1 Like

Had this idea a couple of weeks ago…just as a funny pun… but I ended up needing to do it.

2 Likes

Why?

1 Like

I often think to do that on my gear. I never dare to. But with such not too much expensive gear I could.
Find it so raw. Metalpunk acid gear :heart_eyes:
Would be fun wiz yellow strips cross the angles and few metal crunches in the case.
The force of this design is not any inscriptions

I just got a TD-3 today, my first Behringer product. I was trying to sequence it with my Octatrack over MIDI and had a terrible time getting it to work in an expected way.

In the “quick start guide” I don’t see any useful information (hex codes are not useful for an Octatrack), and am guessing at the price point for the TD-3 the MIDI functionality wasn’t implemented with any functionality other than notes (no CC values?)

Has anyone had any luck with any hardware MIDI devices sequencing the TD-3?

What are the issues you’re having? I can sequence my TD’s from my DN okay, not tried with the OT but I can see it being an issue. Have you hooked up the TD to the SynthTool app? You can change the settings from the front panel with some key combinations but it’s superr easy via the App.

Also make sure you’re running the latest firmware as there have been a few revisions. Again, it’s really easy to update the firmware via the synthtool app.

Re CC control. None of the B clones offer CC control as none of the OG instruments did. There isn’t a processor controlling the synth side, it’s old skool analogue. The midi implementation is therefore limited

Quick question.

Should the Write/Next button respond/click the same as all the other buttons?

Just opened mine & the button triggers notes but doesn’t click like all the others.

The buttons have aprrox. the same click, but slightly different resonance due to different size/location.

Thanks.

Hmmmm. Wondering if i should get it replaced. It triggers the notes but there is no click. Don’t know if it’s going to be an issue in the future.

To get MIDI sequencing to work I have to set the mode to Pattern Write and then I have to enable pitch mode. Or is there another way to make it happen?

Understood about CCs not being available for the analog components and at the price point of the TD-3.

1 Like

sad about that too but we will always have the phraselab!

man Reverb is absolutely stupid with these things right now. it’s like every third or fourth item in the synths category.

1 Like