Behringer Synth [Deepmind 12]

Obvs you can’t give info after the NDA but maybe your overall opinion on it (ignoring the voice count)? Impressed?

I reckon the next teaser will either be the full reveal or focused on sequencer/arpeggio/FX. Pretty curious about those aspects…

teaser 5…

1 Like

This thing looks very interesting. I wondering what the price point is going to be. If this thing is $1,500 or less and doesn’t fall apart in a week I think this could be a modern classic.

Also, looking at this shot, Seems like it might have some type of iPAD or vst integration…

If less than 1500 this thing is going to crush the competition.
Im pretty sure its going to be a well built instrument.
Lots of FX routing capabilities , damn this is getting a no brainer for me.
Unless that new Elektron thing is something very special looks like its going to be my first Behringer piece.

1 Like

Just like there digi mixers , makes sens.

1 Like

Looks killer so far and they haven’t even got to the stuff that warrants the name ‘deepmind’ (unless that’s just related to the sound of 12 voices putting you in a zen trance ;).

Latest GS price rumour seems to be it’ll be cheap too…

40th bday coming up, reluctant to buy behringer without it being out a while and hearing feedback on build quality/bugs but think I might be in for pre-order on this…

Please. A sequencer. And some multi-timbrality of sorts. Make it like the AKeys, a workstation for the analogues. Please.

1 Like

Looking good for a high end editor / librarian as standard on a par with Overbridge or Moog Sub 37’s - to be fair I think every new synth should have one in this day and age.

This is looking killer at this stage, and if the price is jaw dropping as is being suggested on Gearslutz, will be a definite pre-order.

Yeah I’m all for the integration as long as it’s subbasement ad on and not a needed ad on. One of the reasons I buy hardware is so that if computers go away in 20 years I can still use it with out the computer .

If computers go away in 20 years, you’ll probably have bigger problems to worry about, since that likely means civilization has crumbled.

But ongoing compatibility is certainly an issue. The M-Audio Venom comes immediately to mind as a first synth from a company, with extensive software reliance, that was abandoned almost as soon as it was released. Hopefully the same fate doesn’t befall the Berry synth, but it’s always a concern with any hardware that requires a computer to do things that can’t be done on the synth itself.

1 Like

Reverb effect looks like a stripped down version from the MIDAS website efx section. Reminds me of Roland Eurorack iOS programmability.

Uli Behringer on Gearslutz:

The DeepMind12 has 4 integrated FX Engines which can we used simultaneously but also synced to the synthesizer itself. Each engine is loaded with more than 30 high-quality FX algorithms from TC Electronic and Klark Teknik. These are true world-class FX, many of which have been derived from TC Electronic’s acclaimed signal processors as well as Midas’ high-end mixing consoles.

As a world’s first, the DeepMind has built in Wifi and allows for full remote control of nearly all parameters - all through typical tablets.

There was speculation that the price would be silly low, like €500, but he seems to be indicating that it’ll be significantly higher than that

While the price has not been confirmed nor any price indication been given to retailers, we like to manage expectations.

With approx. 4,000 components, the DeepMind12 is one of the most complex synthesizers that has ever been built. Due to its discrete design structure, it has vastly more components than you will likely find in any of the current synthesizers on the market.

While it has always been our company philosophy to work on very small margins, we would however never sacrifice component or manufacturing quality nor sell below cost. Like all our products, the DeepMind12 will come with a 3 Year Warranty program.

2 Likes

$500 seems absurd. But even announced at $1000-$1200, you would see about 1000 Minilogues enter the used market in a month’s time.

2 Likes

I’m clueless, but his wording makes it sound like it’s definitely north of 2000$

so the elephant in the room? has Behringer ever even made a good piece of gear. this seems neat. but… its Behringer.

1 Like

Seems that way, which starts bringing it into competition with DSI’s polys, JD-XA, as well as a lot of superb vintage stuff on the used market.

Tbh I’d said elsewhere that I suspect that this might flop if it’s not closer to the €1k mark because people will go for more established brands instead once you start hitting that kind of price point, and it’s definitely my own gut feeling that if I’m going to spend near the €2k mark I’ll be getting a P6 instead.

I kinda think they’re doing things backwards if they release a big expensive flagship and then smaller, cheaper variants - would be better off building up some trust with a cheaper model before moving on to the full 12 voice extravaganza imho.

1 Like

Like I’ve said before, countless times, the Virtualizer Pro rackmount multi-FX has an amazing reverb, and vocoder, and filters… and other effects, but mostly those three.

I own a lot of Behringer products, and the only one I’ve ever had a problem with has been a Xenyx 802 with a busted channel (I still use the mixer though; I don’t need that channel). I’ve used many of their pedals onstage, given them a thrashing and they haven’t even shown any signs of failure after almost 10 years.

I think it’s probably time to stop shitting on Behringer, considering there are definitely much worse products out there.

I’m looking forward to checking out this synth, even though it’s not exactly what I’m interested in…

4 Likes

Synth nerds can be quite picky, fickle, emotional, and all those other highly subjective adjectives.

If this thing sounds and feels good, it will change a lot of people’s preconceptions about Behringer gear. Maybe even more so if it is priced higher than expectations.

1 Like