Behringer Synth [Deepmind 12]

The camera pan in that shot very explicitly stops at that 4th LED…

If it’s four, and multitimbral, one channel per voice and a sequencer to boost, it’s not that disappointing anymore.

Pretty big if, tho.

Sounds good so far. Looks like a 4 octave synth. A little big for my taste i think.

HOT DAMN, what can I sell?

12 voice
Major league hat tip to Behringer. That is insane

1 Like

I like this video, definitely a good teaser.
12 voices is awesome.

Thank you @mec1 !

Now let’s start to save…

Thank god that’s out, I’ve been bursting!
Yep 12 voices, it sounds massive. Imagine 12 detuned Saws, huge!!!
TC effects really add sonic possibilities too.
Total game changer for Behringer, no longer copying the pack!

12 voices, full size keys. Impressive.

I’m guessing it’ll cost more than an Analog Keys, less than a Dave Smtih or Oberheim poly

This sounds really nice.

Had plans to some day grab an ob-6…Weird to now be thinking about ditching that idea for a behringer instead if info and sounds from this thing keep delivering like they have so far… Hoping they’ve managed to somehow do this under £1500 (if it has pretty deep sequencer/arpeggio/mod possibilities/decent patch + sequence memory/fx etc) or under £1000 if it’s a basic but beautiful sounding poly. Both those prices could be way optimistic though…

Apologies if you’ve got an NDA about this, but I have to ask - is it 12 voices at 2 oscillators per voice, or six with 2 osc per voice, 12 with one? This might be obvious from “12 detuned saws”, but I had to ask … there’s got to be a catch here somewhere?

I have a feeling it’s going to be extremely keenly priced and will sell a whole bunch.

I’m sure it will sound good. Their equipment overall always did. The issue with Behringer equipment has been with build quality.

Post claiming to be from Uli Behringer himself on gearslutz…

"I like to clarify that these are 12 voices with each 2 DCO’s and 2 LFO’s. The oscillators are DCO’s, which means these are digitally controlled analog oscillators; so the synth has 24 full-blown analog oscillators.

Once we reveal the board assembly images, you will discover the thousands of discrete components that went into this design and the extreme density of the multi-layer boards. This synth is a true engineering masterpiece from our Midas engineers, a company that is famous for making the world’s best mixing consoles."

2 Likes

OK.
So we’re talking >1k€ then…

Still… Who would have anticipated a year ago that people would be comparing a Behringer product to DSI’s finest ?
Very interesting move, Uli.
Can’t wait to know more on this… I could do with a proper keyboard…

1 Like

Yeah I’d guess around £1200.

I think anything over that and they’ll possibly lose a lot of potential market to DSI/OB-6. Though I think I kind of prefer the sound of the behringer from videos tbh and it has those extra voices… Need to go demo some of these beasts in the wild when they’re all released :wink:

Never know though, maybe Uli has pulled a rabbit out the hat and managed to do it under £1000…

The 8 voice Parva has 24 oscillators right? Under £1000… And behringer can very likely get build materials super cheap in bulk compared to the futuresonus guy/s…

Holy cow, that was quick: http://www.thomann.de/de/dave_smith_instruments_sequential_prophet_6.htm?ref=search_rslt_dave+smith_357640_0

You’re right, for the price of an OB-6 I’d go for an OB-6 :smile_cat:

Behringer really has to penetrate the market of quality synth
And with their public image of cheap instruments, they will have to do it with a price tag rather low I guess… One can hope :tongue:

2 Likes

If they HAVE somehow been able to put this out for around £1000 and it’s solid… They’ll sell tons of em! I’d guess at the lower end (minilogue etc) and higher end (all dsi/ob-6 etc) companies’ polys all losing around half their potential buyers… Could be pretty groundbreaking. I read somewhere that part of Uli’s motivation on this was he thought the price of synths was ridiculous… Maybe he’s changed that :wink:

It’s probably him.

He was also posting on the Keyboard Corner forum, back when everybody thought the new Behringer synth would be an Oddyssey clone. I think he dropped off after he got frustrated with arguments and such.

At least one person there is calling for him to come back, but at the same time, someone else restarted the one of the oldest synth arguments known to mankind: “DCO is/is not a digital oscillator”. Not much incentive for him to return there…

2 Likes

Pretty keen to see what kind of sequencer and capabilities it has to use with these 12 voices. Also interested in the manner it will be able to connect with external gear. CV out?

Aesthetically it looks pleasing, loving the use of sliders, seems to have multi function built in with the coloured LED pads, orange and blue. Someone on Gearslutz, said it looks like it has a decent screen on board with a large jog wheel knob a la the Analog Keys. :elan: Definitely want to see some front panel photos in the next reveal.

Looking at the Midas website, the effects they can choose from for this bad boy are immense. This synth could literally wack a wallop if they can get the DSP to process the FX efficiently. :diddly:

Yes NDA signed but I think it’s pretty much out there now.
12 voice, 2 OSC, 2 LFO. And yes it’s digital control of analog OSC not digital OSC :slight_smile:

2 Likes