Behringer Synth [Deepmind 12]

Came here to say I’ve just discovered my favourite new feature of the DeepMind… FX Bypass. :grinning:
Seriously, I think most of my experience of the DM so far has had a fair portion of FX always involved… you bypass them and you hear instantly how great it’s synth engine sounds.
Feeling like I’ve got a new synth today.

3 Likes

This is refreshing to hear mainly because I keep seeing folks saying the basic sound without FX is weak and for the synth to sound good you need the FX.

2 Likes

I’ve just bought a second hand deepmind 12d and… why on Earth they fill all the memory slots with factory presets? So, if you want to start designing some sound, the first thing you have to do is listen to a lot of presets in order to decide which ones you want to keep, and which ones to erase.

Isn’t that the case with most synths with presets? Sequential copy all their factory sounds over to the user banks for instance. I guess they don’t think banks of empty presets is a seller?

I don’t know. It’s not case at least with my other synths and drum machines (elektron, arturia, dreadbox, roland…).

Yes it’s quite annoying but I guess Behringer are trying to showcase the synth’s abilities with examples to start people off. All 8 banks is overkill though. I can tell you in advance that a lot of them sound very samey and aren’t much use.

theres a pdf floating around somewhere of all of the patches that are duplicates. because for some inane reason many patches exist 2 or 3 times across multiple banks.
first thing i did was delete all the duplicates, consolidate all the remaining patches to banks B, C, D, etc, and free up Bank A for my own sound design. this was much easier with the wifi ipad app

2 Likes

I didn’t find this PDF, but I found one with the whole patch list. From this PDF, I created this spreadsheet that marks all the duplicated patches.

You can delete the patches in the spreadsheet as you delete the patches in the deepmind, and the spreadsheet will update the duplicated marks.

I hope it helps someone. All in all, I now have ~120 free slots. Thank you, @generalkustard, for leading me to the right track.

deepmind_patches.ods (35.6 KB)

4 Likes

Not really sure what I did but thanks. :thinking:

I use this old thread for my question about the deepmind: As a noob, I´d like to know, if it´s possible to get the sound of this video

out of the deepmind?
I don´t want to know, if the deepmind can sound like a prophet :grinning:, I just want to know, if it´s possible to create this noisy/modulated nostalgic sound with a deepmind. Thanks!

I would imagine so. I for a start, all the patch details are on screen, or most of them :slight_smile: and Deepmind has a lot of FX possibilities that could help. I’m not expert enough a synth programmer to reel off how to make it, so I’m not that much help otherwise

1 Like

The VCM patches sound great. They use the mod matrix to create tuning offsets to osc’s, filters and envelopes to emulate vintage synths.

I just wanted to chime in and say I have the DM6 for the second time now. I got it mint second hand for £330, and it’s probably the best value of any gear I’ve ever bought. The raw sound is lovely, the FX are great, and it feels like a ‘real’ instrument to be played dynamically. I mostly bought it to emulate the classic Juno 106 with chorus tones, which it does wonderfully. It can also sound very Nils Frahm with that Juno arpeggio sound.
Altogether, £330 well spent !

Just so happens, when I was looking into buying your patches (deepfind), I noticed they were already loaded onto my DM6 by the previous owner. They sound great, and highly recommended