Behringer Synth [Deepmind 12]

If they’re selling the Deepmind 6 for $500 now, I’d like to see them make a stripped down version with no fx, closer to the simplicity and design of a Juno, and sell it for $400. They’re making all these other clones, might as well make a Juno clone while they’re at it.

1 Like
3 Likes

Some really nice sounds in this video:

1 Like

Great videos. Didn’t know the Deepmind 12 sounded so damn close to the Juno 106. I knew that’s what it was going for, but not that it actually got there. Combine that with the mod matrix and the insane amount of FX and you might as well just buy that. I mean, the Ju-06 goes for $450 on ebay…It’s a no-brainer to me.

Only thing is I played one at GC some months back and thought the keybed was just awful. Felt like those cheap midi keybeds. Oh well.

Buy the desktop and save a bit more. :wink:

2 Likes

Eh I won’t buy either lol. I much prefer working in the box with synthesizers these days…Elektron is the obvious exception. But buying a synth that sounds like a Juno with a bunch of cool FX seems pointless to me when I have Arturia Jupiter 8 and Tal U No LX–and the Deepmind would just stay in my studio anyway :man_shrugging: My studio is so minimal I literally have an MS2000 acting as a midi controller and two Elektron boxes in front of my monitors. I see people with a half a dozen synths and I just don’t understand! Different strokes :laughing::+1:t6:

1 Like
3 Likes

After watching this video carefully i am impressed with the DeepMind. This particular DeepMind though could use a small tweak with its seventh or eighth oscillator.

Perhaps that’s the difference, the Sequential is well calibrated, so my guess, after electronic assembly quite a bit of time is spent in precise adjustments, or perhaps they selected more expensive high-precision components, or both. Someone could probably make a business calibrating DeepMinds.

But i also am positively impressed with the built-in advantages of the DeepMind, like with effects, and the modulation matrix. So it depends what you are looking for, beyond the three and a half multiple in price.

The DeepMind 24

Possible GAZ Alert!

Gaz and Jason Jervis (in this much too annoying video) polychain a Deepmind 12 and a Deepmind 12D together to create a Deepmind 24! They also do some fun stuff with the control sequencer using it like an LFO and then applying it through the mod matrix. Nice set of tricks.

This all sounds massive and great (the little you hear in this video) – but when you add in the consideration that this rig costs only $1300 USD new – that’s a whole 'nother thing. And used – well look for yourself. That’s one of the benefits of a cost efficient price, making this sort of madness affordable.

Now most-wise no one needs 24 voices of analog polyphony – but on the other hand it does make a deep sound – and that’s only 6 notes with 4 voice detuned unison so it is usable.

2 Likes

I think 24 poly is excessive and just for fun but I have toyed with the idea of eventually having a 4-6 poly Model D.

2 Likes

DeepMind 12 Editor / Controller

Anyone know of demos with driven/aggressive/angry sounds from the deepmind?

Or percussion?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Madness that you can pick up these for about £680 new!

Used to own one but ended up selling during a downsizing period. It can sound fantastic and at that price point is great value.

3 Likes

Just spreading some Behringer Deepmind 12 love.
After spending a lot of time with the instrument I can say it’s a fabulous synth. Very diverse and usable. It cuts nicely in the mix and can do so much more than classic interpretations. The synths shines in the mod matrix and in the ctrlr-seq.

I have made a custom sound library with 110 presets for the DM.
Here’s a trailer with 3 tracks made with presets from the pack.

Curious to know who else is happy with their Behrrrrr…

Tnx Boris

5 Likes

Hi!

After over two months of work I have finally released a New Sound Bank for DeepMind 6/12/12D

There are 110 Patches for fans of Boards of Canada, Tame Impala, Tycho etc. Just $12 for the whole

See the video below and enjoy :slightly_smiling_face: You can get it at Behringer DeepMind Patches - 110 sounds for Fans of Boards of Canada

11 Likes

oh yes welcome back.
Guess I‘m lusting after a deepmind after listening to it. Same as with your Rev2 video

3 Likes

These patches sound great :+1:.
I have the 12d arriving today :eyes::partying_face:.

I’m wondering how people feel the deepmind has held up, its been out like 5 years now?

In terms of build quality, reliability, continued support/bug fixes?

I’m thinking about a 12D just for bread and butter stuff. Wondering what people think of its sound before adding in fx. overall it seems unequalled for features/price

1 Like

I’ve had mine since the early days and it has been great. I bought for bread and butter, the same reason as you, and it does that and way more.

It covers a lot of ground.

I can’t say that I’ve ever experienced any bugs. Build seems fine (I use the keyboard version). The iPad App has issues and doesn’t look to be supported, but other than that, the DeepMind itself seems to be quite stable.

As for the sound without FX, I actually really like the “Initialized patch” with nothing on it. As weird as that may sound.

2 Likes