Behringer Swing

Ah yes, Behringer bringing the rare ultra expensive classics to the masses, I see it now!

3 Likes

That’s low. Let’s see if there will be any word from Arturia.
I remember when cheap knockoffs of their MiniLab controller flooded the market and later they changed the design and introduced MK2.

Arturia has only one move now, clone the Neutron.

3 Likes

this can’t be a clone, it’s more like Arturia sold the Design.

it’s a 1 on 1 clone

2 Likes

Yeah, interesting post on Instagram, but thus the poster also understand that providing this level of aftersales support and product improvements cost a ton of money? How much are the margins on Arturia products to re-invest and fund this after-sales support level? Also understand that European companies have to pay European wages, and adhere to European laws with regards to working-hours and -conditions. Would you still buy a Keystep if it’s double the price, but in return you’ll receive 3 years of continuous firmware updates, and global follow-the-sun office-hours support and replies within a day?

It’s not that easy.

referring to Amazona it‘s no collab of any kind between Arturia and Behringer.

why is it so similar? like 100% the same and Not duophonic at least, it musst be the same pcb and Software inside both keyboards.

that’s crazy

1 Like

I don’t think so. Why would Arturia cannibalise on one of their most iconic and best-selling devices? Behringer never licensed anything before either. Arturia will not stand for this, I’m sure.

1 Like

Imagine you’re the poor guy in the product-launch video, ouch. I wouldn’t be able to look at myself in the mirror in the mornings after doing that.

indeed, but this is a 1on1, even the spacing between the rec/play/tie buttons is the same, the dip switches and the general array of the connections on the back.

they should make sure to release the swing pro ASAP for 199,- otherwise it’s a bad joke.
THE Arturia Keystep is a classic and kind of shameless to drop this one from B

I love how their “design language” includes putting the same cheap metallic knobs on nearly every device whether it fits the visual style or not.

for me personally, this is just another friendly reminder to never support this company

11 Likes

To be fair, Behringer turned cloning into an arturia.

17 Likes

why copy the older version of Keystep ? :rofl:

1 Like

fucks sake.

3 Likes

Arturia has really nothing to do with that (according to german sales team), it’s also not coming from the same factory or anything like that, also afaik there are no legal issues regarding the design (as of 2020), but internals are probaply cloned so this is kinda crazy.

Does the keystep respond to sysex? If so, I bet the same sysex commands work on the Swing…

2 Likes

There are a few discussion topics on upcoming Behringer releases and in particular wrt cloning and ethics etc

e.g

Anything that should be here will be moved or deleted if the demands of tidying this get too onerous - this is a topic to discuss the Swing, there are others for the related issues this obviously brings up

etc etc

Please respect the guidelines and the efforts of the moderators to keep this tidy and separated, there are a few other general discussion Behringer topics to fill your boots on the issues that come from these contentious moves, it only takes one tangential post to derail these threads so use the search and reply in the right place if it’s not directly about the topic. Thanks

3 Likes

Mods, please provide @DaveMech with his very own custom Puntastic!™ badge.

4 Likes

Sorry for all the trouble, but with products like this it gets rather hard to keep discussion about the manufacturer’s products separate from discussion about the manufacturer’s practices.

FWIW, I’m all for a complete ban on discussion about Behringer products that are clones of currently shipping products from other manufacturers. Should make things simpler.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

Riping the ripers…I can’t blame B this time… :rofl: