Behringer Swing

Hahaha this is so shameless that it is actually funny :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh, you have it in white?!?

Could the guy in the video be a bit more of a Stimming rip off as well. lol

6 Likes

Let’s keep the cynicism and oft-tread rhetoric for the existing thread(s) on Behringer ‘politics’ etc. Behringer copies stuff, it’s well established, there isn’t much left to discuss here (it’s a key step) unless you actively want to promote this product.

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

6 Likes

they literally budget in law suits when they make a product lmao , so its no surprise , however this choice IS somewhat surprising. Probably trying to build some form of brand loyalty for their synth range.

Even the editor app is cloned from Arturia. I understand the clones of very rare and expensive analog synth, but for the clone of the keystep…

5 Likes

It’s interesting that this one isn’t even substantially cheaper than the original, which is obviously still in production.

Even when they cloned stuff like mixers, mics, and effect pedals, those tended to be substantially cheaper.

Makes you wonder if this was done out of spite or just to troll. Did someone at Arturia say something negative about Uli a while back?

They’ve gone a keystep to far.

37 Likes

I think someone in one of the removed posts pointed out this product will make more sense if/when Arturia discontinue the OG 32-key Keystep and move on with Keystep 37 and Keystep Pro. This is the likely logic here.

Don’t know and seems unlikely but when Arturia released their Oberheim soft synth, Behringer had started teasing their (arguably) most anticipated forthcoming product that is their Oberheim clone. Hard to think a company would release a product just in spite though.

Thanks to @DaveMech for bringing back the fun into this topic.

1 Like

Good points all round, but I gotta say that I think Behringer had this in development before the KS37 came along. I don’t think the logic would be trying to anticipate when/if Arturia discontinue the OG KS. I think it’s purely based on money. Behringer saw how much the KS was selling and wanted a slice of the pie. It seems silly to make such a dead on clone, rather than style it in their own way while mimicking all of the same features, but even all the buttons are exactly the same.

2 Likes

Even the clock switches on the back are identical, and identically placed. Made me chuckle

2 Likes

They’ll only discontinue it because everybody already has one.

Which again begs the question, why bother cloning it?

Unless they’re going to convince everyone they need 2 keysteps?

2 Likes

I’m not expecting a Loopop review on this one.

8 Likes

Definitely not saying I understand or if there even is a logic behind this product.

But yeah, this product is just too easy to make fun of and I’ll stop now.

It was being used already back here in April

This isn’t a ‘proper’ keystep in the picture !

Nailed here …

Edit : There’s no way Arturia didn’t know this was incoming from back in April, here’s the original Behringer video the screenshot was grabbed from - they’d know this was a KS clone shown, so maybe that’s why they’ve changed the lineup with a 37, although it still doesn’t leave a lot of time to get the new model to market ?!

9 Likes

Now it’s starting to make more sense. As a keyboard for their desktop synths. So, this is actually smaller than the KS, judging by the linked post :thinking:

Edit: Behringer Swing is listed as 19.3 inches wide

1 Like

I know it is unreasonable, but I really do hate Behringer.

That’s entirely reasonable. Hopefully this latest example of theft will be the last straw for them. Hopefully somebody stands up to Behringer and sues them out of existence.

It might surprise you, but there really isn’t much that can be done about this.

This is really going to show those black Keystep collectors a thing or two!

:wink:

Arturia is the one to blame. Everybody asked for the rare black keystep. Totally understandable that Behringer bring this out of reach keyboard back to the people

2 Likes